Has anyone tried IVIG?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Has anyone tried IVIG?

Postby pincushion » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:21 am

Hi there, Did my first week of treatment wondering if anyone else here has any expeience with this. Stands for Intravenous immunoglobulin infushions, mine was 5 days 4 hours per day. Thanks for any input! Take care, Jean
pincushion

Advertisement

Postby Arron » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:13 pm

hi pincushion, please keep us posted on your results with this treatment! If you get a few responses to this thread, I'll be happy to set up a new category for IVIG.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Postby pincushion » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:41 pm

Hello Arron...Thanks Arron, I hope I do get some feedback...this stuff has supposedly done wonders for some, including remylination! So far I have not seen anything as far as improvements, I'm trying to keep an open mind about it, hard to do when it gets "foggy"! ...Jean
pincushion

Postby fightingms » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:01 am

Jean, Good Luck with the IVIG. Don't have any info for you, sorry, just wanted to wish you luck with the treatment.

Please keep us informed as to how it is helping you. :) .Thanks so much........Kim
fightingms
Family Member

IVIG

Postby mbpetzak » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:54 am

Jean,

I am currently on my 7th month of IVIG treatment for RRMS. I'd be interested in keeping in touch with you to share our experiences with this treatment as I do not know anyone else currently using this for RRMS. I don't know that I can evaluate the effectiveness at this point, but I can tell you that this is the first therapy I have tried that has not caused any complications. In the time I have been on the treatment, I have only had one significant relapse.

What has your experience been?

Feel free to email me directly at mbpetzak@cableone.net.

Take care,
Michelle
mbpetzak

IVIG

Postby kaym » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:35 pm

Hi

I would also like to keep in touch as I am trying IVIG also. This will be my fourth month. I do get somewhat nausea after treatment but all other things seem to be ok. I just had surgery, which I received a treatment before and will get another this week. So far, so good. Hope, to talk to you later to see how things are.

Kay
kaym

ivig treatment x1

Postby mowithms » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:10 pm

My husband just finnished his first IVIG tx (30grams x4days) after Avonex wasn't working for his fairly aggressive rrms. No huge improvements yet in his main symptoms of dizziness, fatigue, and weakness. He was very nauseated and throwing up 3 days after the last tx and really had a bad day after he had his Avonex shot on Friday (last tx of IVIG was on Tues). We go to the MD tomorrow to see what the plan is.
mowithms

Ivig

Postby mattiejo » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:48 pm

Hi, I am new to this board. I am female with SPMS. I am treated 3 day's 1x month with IVIG.

Was reading your post and wanted to let you all know that IVIG is the only treatment that has helped me so far.

I have been on all the ABC'S..... No help, with continued progression.

Who knows if in the long run if IVIG helps but, it sure makes me feel a difference for awhile.

What about all of you that are on it? I would love to hear from you and how your treatment is going.

Please drop me a line.

Mattiejo :lol:
mattiejo

Return to General Discussion