Lower back stiffness - spasticity?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Postby jimmylegs » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:51 pm

FYI this is a good but not the best source for info on magnesium and ms.

this source usually has great citations but not always the best (ie there's more to magnesium insufficiency than ms) and/or most recent or thorough info (lit review = five references only).

all the same:
http://www.nhfw.info/magnesium.html
Symptoms of MS that are also symptoms of magnesium deficiency include muscle spasms, weakness, twitching, muscle atrophy, an inability to control the bladder, nystagmus (rapid eye movements), hearing loss, and osteoporosis...

jimmylegs
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Advertisement

Postby elliberato » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:09 am

[quote="surfbird"]Thanks to both of you for your input! I'll ask my doc about the magnesium, that's interesting. I eat lots of spinach but not the rest, so I'll add that to my diet too.

Have either of you had spasticity or know of someone with it specifically in their lower back and not anywhere else?

Hope y'all are having a great day :D[/quote

YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I get the low back stifness horribly. To the point when I walk the stifness gets so severe that i have to sit. Valium is about the only thing i have found, but you have to be careful because it makes the legs so weak!
Did i mention MS sucks?
elliberato
Family Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion