Sativex® in the treatment of bladder dysfunction in MS

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Sativex® in the treatment of bladder dysfunction in MS

Postby MSUK » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:44 am

GW Pharmaceuticals plc announced that results of a Phase II clinical study of Sativex® (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD)) in the treatment of bladder dysfunction in people with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) have been published in the peer-reviewed Journal, Multiple Sclerosis.

The authors of the paper state that “this study does provide clinical evidence across a range of bladder-related endpoints that Sativex® has some beneficial effect when used for treatment of the bladder symptoms in patients with MS”. ... Read More - http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm/fuseact ... ageid/1814
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
MSUK
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Bubba » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:37 pm

I would be happy to stand and pisss like a man again vs cathing! Stinks when you are at the beach, sitting in the water,drinkin beer, and have to get out of the water every thirty minutes to go pee!!!! I wanna pee in the water like everyone else! 8O
w/m 44
The problem comes with the decision of weighing the unknown with the unknown.
Bubba
Family Elder

Postby SandyK » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:26 pm

I read the above links about this drug and one thing I found interesting was the reaction of the MS Society..."Mr Schofield's wife Liz, a support officer at the Halifax branch of the MS Society, said: "Living with MS is difficult and the symptoms can be very debilitating - anything that helps people manage their condition is good news and it should be made available if there is a clinical need." Why isn't testing and treatment of CCSVI seen as positive? I'm a simple girl. What am I missing?
SandyK
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion