What was your first MS symptom?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Postby hannakat » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:23 pm

L'Hermitte's syndrome ~ Any time I'd bend my neck forward, there would be an electrical shock type sensation down the length of my spine. Once I straigtened my neck, it would go away.
hannakat
Family Elder

Postby bettyboop » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:23 pm

My first MS symptom was diplopia.
BB.
bettyboop

Postby jtjdmj » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:45 pm

My first symptoms, knowing what I know now (13 years later), were numbness, bladder issues...can't remember now what else, but I know that's what made me going to a doctor then and 1 1/12 years later walking/talking drunk and going back to my initial neurologist in small-town Ohio, with my hearing it could be MS finally got me the right test/diagnosis. Luckily now I'm in the Atlanta, GA, area and have a neurologist I like/trust.
jtjdmj
Family Member

Postby Chris55 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:58 am

My daughter's first symptom--severe itching in one arm--immediately followed a Hep B vaccine that was given improperly.
Chris55
Family Elder

first symtom

Postby Okasan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:03 am

In hindsite it was my bowels becoming sluggish, even whilst eating a generous amount of fruit and vegetable, explained it away as living in a hot climate and being dehydrated. Then it was itching around my right collar bone, GP had no clue and I dismissed it as stress. Followed by intermittant cartilage pain in my right ear.
Okasan
Getting to Know You...

Postby ssmme » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:26 pm

The symptom that got me going to the neuro and got me on the road to an MS diagnosis was heat intolerance that caused my left leg to become floppy like a wet noodle. In hindsight - about two and a half years before the actual dx - I was stricken with what the doctor called a case of bell's palsy which I think was my first real MS exacerbation.
Marcia
ssmme
Family Elder

Postby tabi » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:10 am

Chris55 wrote:My daughter's first symptom--severe itching in one arm--immediately followed a Hep B vaccine that was given improperly.

How was it given improperly? Just wondering. :?:
tabi

Postby Apuman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:18 pm

The symptom that led to diagnosis for me was the tingling and numbness that began in the right foot and spread throughout the lower half of my body, up to mid chest on the right. There were other earlier symptoms that could be contributed to MS. Most notably, there were odd emotional symptoms that I've since noticed in conjunction with relapses.
Apuman
Family Elder

1st symptom

Postby peppy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi like many others had several seemingly mild issues until I got double vision that I got diagnosed!
peppy

Previous

Return to General Discussion