Drop FOot

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Drop FOot

Post by mrhodes40 »

A lot of us have a trippy toe or a drop foot. I tried and AFO but I can still walk , so a rigid brace that did not allow ankle flexion at all was uncomfortable and I felt would make me weaker.

I noticed the dorsi strap here has anyone tried it? http://x-strap.com/index.htm

Has anyone found another solution to the droppy foot problem they like?
Marie
Melody
Family Elder

Post by Melody »

This works minus the brace if you are willing to spend a month at it. I had noted last summer after hubby had his last attach that he tripped allot. I also noted when we were going for his walks I could hear within minutes of when he would start to trip. Listen to your foot and it will likely tell you it is tiring. That does not mean you have to stop but what it does mean is you need to pay attention to it with your eyes rather than counting on it to do for itself. Pick it up a smidge higher you will trip less. Only when it tires as if you are listening you will have noted you are dragging that foot. The body is great at compensating for it's own weakness if you will just listen to it and help train it and soon new muscles will take over. Now this will likely fall under Quackery by some but just give it a try what do you have to loose. :lol: :lol:
John was diagnosed Jan 2005. On lipitor 20mg .On Copaxone since July 4,2005. Vitamin D3 2000iu-4000iu (depending on sunshine months)June 10 2005(RX::Dr. O'Connor) Omega 3 as well Turmeric since April 2005. Q10 60mg. 1500mg liquid Glucosamine Nov 2005.