Spinal cord injuries

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Spinal cord injuries

Postby bromley » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:35 am

This article isn't MS specific but there is some read across eg macrophages, scarring. Also Dr Fawcett is one of the leading lights in terms of brain repair.

Bromley

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4283474.stm
bromley
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Sharon » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:52 pm

A side note to medications and spinal injury -

Acorda (this has been reported here) is now in Phase Three of the testing of Fampridine-SR for MS. This trial study is short term -21 weeks. I tried to become a participant, but unfortunately I did not meet all the criteria. A participant was to walk 25 ft. in 8 seconds - they were not accepting anyone who could walk faster, which I could. I am disappointed not to be included in the study. But, the good news is that after 21 weeks the medication will probably be on the market as a prescribed medicine for MS. :lol: Because the medicine has already been approved for spinal cord injuries, it will pass through the FDA with less protocal. So, six months (or so) from now we may have a medication to help our walking. Anyone interested in finding out more about Fampridine-SR should check out the Acorda website.

Sharon
Sharon
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion