Bleomycin Use on Hand Wart?????

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Bleomycin Use on Hand Wart?????

Postby SueZQ » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:16 am

I just wanted to see if any one out there had any problems with warts, mine are under one finger nail and wraps around to the back of the cuticle. I've just got done seeing a dermatologist for it, and he mentioned that 1) it's the worst place to get a wort b/c of the pain in treating it and 2) the likely-hood of it coming back.
He mentioned that one option would be to use Bleomycin after trimming and cutting and all that. But I just started on Gilenya about 5 weeks ago, and I'm concerned b/c one of the things w/ G. is the greater risk of infection.

Any advice would be great. It's so hard to get a hold of my neurologist, and he isn't really great about giving feedback.

Thanks in advance,
SueZQ
SueZQ

Advertisement

Postby Drury » Mon May 02, 2011 7:23 pm

SueZQ,

Sorry to hear about the wart problem. I just wanted to mention that my niece had a wart problem under her nails (she had several) and after seeing various dermatologists and medications that did not work and were very painful. She went to her family doctor for another matter and he told her to cover the warts with duct tape as they should not be exposed to the air and will just die off. It worked like a dream. There is also a pink surgical tape that does the trick too but not sure what it is called. Just remember it being very sticky like duct tape and pink colored but not as wide.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Drury
Drury
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Mon May 02, 2011 8:46 pm

i have had a plantar wart on my foot on and off. it goes away when i am right on top of my game nutritionally.

my ex had chronic small warts on his hand. at one point, after being on a bunch of supplements for other things, he ran into some situation i can't recall in detail, but he ended up taking added vitamin C. his warts all went away. i suspect it was not just from the vit C but that C helped him use all the rest of his regimen more effectively.

warts are caused by a virus so if you take a nutritional approach, go antiviral ie multi, zinc, selenium and for good measure, anti-oxidants like A, C, and E8complex, not to mention some anti-inflammatory fish oil.

incidentally i read over a piece on nutrition advice for warts and it read like a handbook for dealing with ms. i guess healthy is healthy :)

hth!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Bleomycin Use on Hand Wart?????

Postby Rob131313 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:50 am

Hey OP! I had a very deep and painful plantar wart (plantar warts grow inward instead of outward be they're on the bottom of your foot and get pushed in when you walk which makes them way more difficult to treat as far as I see it) that I was treating for over 2 years without much success. However, I was able to get rid of it using the duct tape method (covering the wart with duct tape 24/7), epsom salt soaks and salicylic acid pads. It only took a few weeks to kill it. I suggest trying this.

And if you need more info on it or want to see my before and after photos of the wart you can see them on my blogger page at http://stubbornwart.blogspot.com/

Good luck! Let me know if you have any more questions!

-Rob
Rob131313

Return to General Discussion