Finish the job

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
bromley
Family Elder

Finish the job

Post by bromley »

Attached is yet another research article about this disease which like many others is a statement of the bloody obvious - I could have written it.

I might submit a research article to see if I could get way with it. Here goes 'MS is a disease of the CNS which destroys myelin, axons and neurones. Current treatments are only moderately effective and future treatments need to protect the CNS from the on-going neuro-degeneration etc etc etc. Conclude by saying that more research is required to identify better treatments etc etc etc'. If I was an MS researcher this would have taken me a year, but I'm a history graduate and it took me 20 seconds. How they have the nerve (no pun inteded) to keep producing crappy research papers beggars belief.

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... _cont.html
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

the "more research is required to confirm these findings" always jabs me too. It's such an obvious statement, even with drugs that HAVE tons of research (e.g., Tysabri, the interferons, Copaxone, etc.)
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.

Return to “General Discussion”