Horse Therapy for MS and other conditions

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Horse Therapy for MS and other conditions

Postby AlmostClever » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:47 am

They did a nice sgment on the local news today about this and I rhought is was a great story!

http://sire-htec.org/services/client-services/
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Al Einstein
AlmostClever
Family Elder

Advertisement

Re: Horse Therapy for MS and other conditions

Postby HarryZ » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:44 pm

AlmostClever wrote:They did a nice sgment on the local news today about this and I rhought is was a great story!

http://sire-htec.org/services/client-services/

Back in the late 90's, my wife participated in hippotherapy when we lived in Toronto. The organization was called C.A.R.D. (Canadian Association of Riding for the Disabled) It was a fantastic program which really helped her reduce the spasm in her legs and improved her co-ordination. It also helped with the self esteem of all the riders, young and old and while they were on their horse and in the arena, they were like everyone else and independent.

It is a great program for the disabled and I would recommend it highly if you get the opportunity to experience it.

Harry
HarryZ
Family Elder

Postby fee001 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi!

I used to have childhood friend who had Down Syndrome (gosh 40 years ago now, now I feel old) anyway he used to go horse riding and he loved it. I think they are such an accomodating. kind and gentle animal that you are able to build an immediate friendship and trust.

Mind you my first experience of a horse bolted and I fell off, as I limped back to my friends rubbing my leg they ignored me and ran off concerned about the horse.

Anyways, I think the horse and rider have a mutual respect or eachother a great calming relationship.

Now today I think of Paul my friend, he was just so lovely. he also loved Andy Williams too when my dad would play his records.

so thanx nice memories.

Fiona
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk
fee001
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion