Anyone have this symptom?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
TeerHeer

Anyone have this symptom?

Post by TeerHeer »

Hi everyone - I am now going through the bloodwork, MRI, and EMG to see what it is I actually have. My father had MS, so they are suspicious of that possibility, but I have not received the results yet. I am wondering if anyone has experienced symptoms similar to mine, as I haven't been able to find it exactly on the internet anywhere.

I suddenly experience a severe amt of pain in my chest which radiates out through my shoulders and down my arms, or starts in my arms and then goes to my chest. Lasts for about 30 seconds, and then my arms feel numb, heavy and tired for a period of time after. I've been to the ER and spent the night on the telemytry floor, only to find that I have absolutely nothing wrong with my heart, and my gallbladder is fine too.

So I have been sent to a neuro (who I am not impressed with), who has ordered the tests, and I am waiting for all this to begin, and or the results to come back.

All the other posts I find ont he internet say that their pain lasts like a half hour to a day long, anyone else have only 30 seconds of sharp severe pain?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Wendigo
Family Elder

Re: Anyone have this symptom?

Post by Wendigo »

I have MS and bad neck arthritis. I get lots of scary pains from nerves being pressed on and have been to the ER wondering if I'm having a heart attack.

I wonder if any doctor you've seen has mentioned you possibly having brachial plexus pain.

Return to “General Discussion”