Note we may have some server downtime today and this weekend as we perform some upgrades. Please save a copy of any posts you make during this time in case we have any server trouble. Thank you!

First symptoms are rough...

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Re: First symptoms are rough...

Postby nooper » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:46 am

It seems that my vision is getting a little better day by day, but very little. At night, after I have been up the longest it seems to work the best. Then I cannot look straight ahead or to the right. Also, my right side coordination seems to be affected. I am wondering how much of this is from the first issue - Oct 10 I started getting numb in my face and could not speak good. Then my left side became uncoordinated. That went away and I developed double vision which recovering from the first. As the other posters have said, this seems to take a while to get over (6 mo) and the nystagmus the goes with it. I still can't get out in a car due to the vertigo. I have to wonder - is this the same flare up or many different ones? The first two were within 30 days and the latest appears to be my right side and walking. I can get around the house but it can be difficult.
nooper
Family Member

Postby Filmmaker » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:03 am

I think this is the same flare you're having. i have noticed mine last for 3 to 4 months before starting to get better., I am sure others have noticed that too... Have you started taking any MS treatment?
I wish I was one those lucky ones who have flares for few days but I'm not...
Filmmaker
Family Elder

Postby nooper » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:22 pm

I have not started any treatment yet. This is the first time I can remember ever having an issue, and was just diagnosed. All of the treatment options were a little overwhelming to hear to start with. I am going to go with some treatment but am unsure which yet. I'm still discussing it with the family.
nooper
Family Member

Postby nooper » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:49 pm

I am very happy to report that I was able to drive for the first time today! My vision is still off a little when I look to the extreme right, and my balance is not completely back yet, but When I look straight and to the left my double vision has finally subsided. It was very nice to be able to drive, even it if was a short distance!
nooper
Family Member

Postby Azaeleaprawn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Oh wow, nooper, I can so empathize with you on the vertigo!
I had a horrible bout with it last December but it did eventually clear up and I haven't had anything like that since.
Hoping it goes the same for you.
Azaeleaprawn
Family Member

Postby cazell03 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi, I have been reading this board for a while, but thought I might put forward a suggestion as to your problem. Prior to having further problems and being diagnosed, I had something very similar to what you are describing and was diagnosed with Labarythitis (sp). Maybe that is what you have?

Carol
cazell03

Postby nooper » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement!

I thought I had labyrenthitis when I first got sick, but I went to the doctor and the diagnosed is as MS after an MRI. I hope they are wrong! :-D I am going to a follow up neurologist in January and hope to know more then.
nooper
Family Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion