prednisone question

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: prednisone question

Post by jimmylegs »

hi azalea, the MD i noticed from my general area was a different doc.

dr. hoffer is certainly a well known name in the ortho field, as is linus pauling of course!

there were issues with the ortho approach initially, for instance assuming that schizophrenics were niacin deficient due to absent niacin flush reaction when in fact they were PUFA deficient which inhibited ability to utilize niacin. this absent flush reaction is also seen sometimes in MS, which puzzled klenner too. it wasn't until the 80s that the PUFA link was found. klenner had written his protocol in 1971, i believe it was. there's no d3 in the klenner protocol either, the decades of research on vitamin d3 and the immune system were still in the future for him.

i am about to take on a cancer patient myself. i am glad to hear that doctor hoffer made a difference for your mother!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Azaeleaprawn
Family Member

Post by Azaeleaprawn »

Oh man, that much predisone sounds down right nasty but I met a woman last week who was given something of similar dose of it when she was first diagnosed scared the daylights out of her and also made her sick to her stomache.

jimmylegs - Doctor hoffer had my mother go on very high doses of Vitamin C as well as a great number of other supplements. I imagine the vitamin C had a bit to do with his association with Linus Pauling.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

yep lots of C in the klenner protocol too. i usually take 1000mg extra vit C per day but klenner recommends up to 10 or 20 grams, i can't recall exactly but suffice it to say, lots.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.