Insulin--Could This Be the Key?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Re: Insulin--Could This Be the Key?

Postby want2bike » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:19 am

Have you given Dr. Bergman's treatment a chance. He claims you can get your health back in 60 days if you follow his treatment. Get a juicer and follow his advice. You might get your health back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGmyUppmt-g
want2bike
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby standingtall » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Although I do have value for many of Bergman's idea's, I don't think going vegan will cure everyone's MS. Sorry to oversimplify, and your suggestion is not without value, but it does not apply in this instance.
standingtall
Family Member

Postby lyndacarol » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:42 pm

standingtall wrote: maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I am 5 yr. MS'er who has had a fairly easy road so far, until just recently. Worst attack ever two weeks ago and not back from the woodshed yet.
What I am searching for is the possibility of insulin or blood sugar causing my recent onset of numbness/poor circulation in my feet. In particular, I have checked the levels in the past and never found them to be a high. I kind of gave up on that being an issue for me. But the similar symptoms of diabetes and what I am experiencing now are remarkable. Without giving my life history, I was a poor caretaker of my body prior to MS. But since dx's have a healthy regiment of diet, excersice and minimize stress. I am gluten and dairy free also. Take lots of good supplements, but nothing exotic or out of the realm of vitamins and minerals.

Standingtall, in checking the insulin level in the past, what has been the exact number? The ideal number will be 3 UU/ML or lower; an acceptable result would be up to 5 UU/ML. My first test result was 12, which is elevated; but, unfortunately, my lab lists the standard range as 3-28.

Excess insulin thickens and stiffens smooth muscles – the muscles in the walls of blood vessels are smooth muscles. I think this accounts for your numbness/poor circulation in your feet.

Your diet sounds good (Are you 100% gluten-free?); some people are extremely sensitive to the smallest amount of gluten. I hope your diet is extremely low in carbs. Don't forget to add lots of good fats – olive oil, avocado, and nuts. Exercise and minimal stress are also part of a good regimen.

If you are talking about type II diabetes, remember that excess insulin production is occurring in a person with type II diabetes.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Previous

Return to General Discussion