MS Remission

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Scat89
Family Member

Re: MS Remission

Post by Scat89 »

Thanks LR, I appreciate it. I just don't know how to be happy anymore. My wife and I were planning to try for kids later this year. It looks like that is out the window. I can't have kids if I'm going to be permantely disabled....it's not fair to my wife
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Yes you can!!! You will both manage. Don't change your plans because of MS because you might wake up one morning and find its not progressing...there are no guarantees with MS.
Please don't think the worst. I have had it for 16 years now and I am still fully mobile.......

Do what you planned to do. I want to have kids as well and we hope to have kids next year x
Scat89
Family Member

Post by Scat89 »

Thank you for the positivity. I'm really struggling with this lately
Abe
Family Member

Post by Abe »

LR1234 wrote:I got told I 100% didn't have MS for about 13 years........I have MS (my previously clean MRI's (all 14 of them showed nothing) that was until my big relapse in 09 and they became positive as did my 2 negative LP's...the third one was positive.

If I were you I would look to maybe doing the swank diet/Wahls or Jelinek, take vitamin D etc and just look after yourself as if you have MS (If you haven't then its a bonus and you will be eating healthier:)
Wise words from LR1234. Get cracking on the diet and start looking after yourself as soon as possible. Slowing down the disease in the early years is very important. MS is a diagnosis made in retrospect. A threshold of damage needs to be reached before the Neurologist can confirm the diagnosis.
Serena42
Getting to Know You...

Post by Serena42 »

Scat89

I went through many tests to find out what this was. My local doctors ( I'm sorry, "professionals") as well as a neurosurgeon didn't know what the lesions were showing on my MRI. An oncologist told me it was probably cancer and I should get a brain biopsy. 8O Ummm...I don't think so. I bolted out of town to a very good and well known hospital with actual professionals to get my diagnosis. Thank God I did! Nobody here in town was looking at my actual scans/tests and the lesion activity. They were only reading and going by the radiologists' reports saying I may have possible metastatic cancer. Well, I didn't! Don't let the doctors rob you of anything else that will bring you so much joy :smile:

Return to “General Discussion”