Incontinence

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
popjinx

Incontinence

Post by popjinx »

This is an awkward topic, but can incontinence due to MS only last a few days and then go away? Or could it be due to something else?
maynaka
Family Elder

Re: Incontinence

Post by maynaka »

I started having that problem; it was then compounded by UTIs (not fun). I recently thought I had an infection but the test proved I did not.

I'm seeing a Functional Medicine doctor who previously recommended D-Mannose. I slacked off on taking it, but started back up again after the above incident, and the difference was amazing! I take one 1000 mg. capsule with water three times a day and not only has the urgency subsided, but I could drink water before going to bed and still sleep through the night without getting up.

He suggested this supplement after he tested me for "leaky gut" and it came back negative.

M
KateCW
Family Elder

Post by KateCW »

I find that the psychological aspects of needing to go can cause bladder spasms. Especially if I feel that I can't get to bathroom sat enough (I need assistance) then the urge is even worse! I found medications like Detrol and Uromax to be helpful.

Caffeine really irritates my bladder but I won't give it up.

...and yes, I have spells when the urgency and frequency is worse for a bit and then settles down.
Kathy, 49 with PPMS,full time scooter.
Married to a wonderful man, mother to a darling 9 yr old boy
SaraG

Post by SaraG »

LDN made my incontinence go away. However, even on the LDN if I really over-indulge in sugar it will come back a little but never like before .(and I really keep a close eye on sugar intake because I think it causes many other symptoms-for me at least!).

Return to “General Discussion”