Decisions

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Decisions

Postby ScaredofMS » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:53 pm

So I feel that I could possibly have MS. I have weird symptoms that come and go. I think the one truly MS definitive symptom I have is the off and on tremors. Anyway I have done a lot of research and I am not convinced whatsoever that the DMD's work. Maybe Tysabri but the CRABs to me just seem like a crap shoot and I have absolutely no idea how the researchers convinced themselves that these drugs work. Campath looks good but also dangerous. CCSVI looks like its about to fall flat on its face. So that leaves Campath, revimmune and stem cells. The thought of wiping out my immunue system bothers me. My question is this. If you believe you have MS and that it is still in its early stage what would you do to try to postpone it? Considering your experience with various treatments, if you had to do it over again, what would you have done differenlty knowing what you know now? Thanks.
ScaredofMS
Family Member

Advertisement

Re: Decisions

Postby jimmylegs » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:45 pm

i have no experience with any of the usual or evolving treatments, sorry :S i'm just doing the diet/nutrition thing so far..
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby LR1234 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:52 pm

I would stay away from CCSVI for the moment as its too risky with no proof. (speaking from personal experience)
I do the natural thing/diet, I have tried antibiotics and LDN with no luck.
The thing that actually does seem to be of some help for me personally is low dose aspirin and copaxone.
I have seen an improvement in my energy. I would obviously not take anything without advice from the dr but these 2 things seem to be doing something......
If they fail I would probably look at stem cells or something.
Whatever you choose to do I would def start with a good diet and lots of water.
LR1234
Family Elder

Postby MarkLavelle » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:22 pm

I think I would find out if I actually have MS before worrying about a treatment strategy!

RRMS dx 3/3/11; Copaxone since 12/1/11
MarkLavelle
Family Elder

Postby coltgirl » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:20 am

MarkLavelle wrote:I think I would find out if I actually have MS before worrying about a treatment strategy!

This is the best advice I've seen given on this forum. There are several conditions that mimic MS and that require different medications to treat than the ones used for MS. Get a proper diagnosis first. Good luck ScaredofMS and I hope that whatever condition you're finally diagnosed with, that it's not chronic.
coltgirl
Getting to Know You...

Postby jimmylegs » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:50 am

if i could go back to 2005 and know then what i know now, i am quite sure i would avoid being diagnosed with ms. i know i had b12 deficiency (among other nutritional problems that are also often seen in ms patients) from poor dietary choices. the docs didn't, due to a computer glitch. i wish i had known in time that i was speeding toward a brick wall without an airbag by being vegan and not taking supplements - if i had been more responsible i might not have ended up with permanent spinal cord damage. but that's just me. if there are ominous symptoms, a diagnostic doc is unlikely to look at nutrition first. that's the patient's responsibility - the sooner the better imho.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Return to General Discussion