Acthar gel for injection

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
ssmme
Family Elder

Acthar gel for injection

Post by ssmme »

Has anyone out here used this before.

After my worst exacerbation to date I had 3 days of IV solumedrol followed by a methylprednisolone dose pack. It didn't help so the next week I had three more days of IV solumedrol that didn't work then the next week I had five days of IV solumedrol. It absolutely failed to help so insurance finally covered the $34,000.00 8ml vial of acthar. I've had two injections of 1ml each so far and have three more days to go. I can't tell yet if it's working so was wondering if anyone else has taken this drug. If anyone out here has taken it will you let me know how it worked? I searched for it out here but didn't find anything about anyone taking it. Did it help? How long did it take for you to get over the exacerbation? What should I expect?

Thanks.
Marcia
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: Acthar gel for injection

Post by CureOrBust »

It sounds kinda familiar, but I have no experience with it. I did a quick search and came across the following link http://www.acthar.com/mshcp/efficacy-ac ... -sclerosis
It seems to show similar results to IVMP. It sounds like your docs are trying a different tactic since the IVMP did not work. Good Luck, and let us know how you go.

Return to “General Discussion”