Acthar gel for injection

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Acthar gel for injection

Postby ssmme » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:48 am

Has anyone out here used this before.

After my worst exacerbation to date I had 3 days of IV solumedrol followed by a methylprednisolone dose pack. It didn't help so the next week I had three more days of IV solumedrol that didn't work then the next week I had five days of IV solumedrol. It absolutely failed to help so insurance finally covered the $34,000.00 8ml vial of acthar. I've had two injections of 1ml each so far and have three more days to go. I can't tell yet if it's working so was wondering if anyone else has taken this drug. If anyone out here has taken it will you let me know how it worked? I searched for it out here but didn't find anything about anyone taking it. Did it help? How long did it take for you to get over the exacerbation? What should I expect?

Thanks.
Marcia
ssmme
Family Elder

Advertisement

Re: Acthar gel for injection

Postby CureOrBust » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:56 pm

It sounds kinda familiar, but I have no experience with it. I did a quick search and came across the following link http://www.acthar.com/mshcp/efficacy-acute-exacerbations-multiple-sclerosis
It seems to show similar results to IVMP. It sounds like your docs are trying a different tactic since the IVMP did not work. Good Luck, and let us know how you go.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion