Is it optic neritis?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Is it optic neritis?

Postby billyjr » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:59 am

hello I have a quick question to see if my symptoms are optic neruitis, I know I spelt it wrong. First off I have a lazy eye which is the one I am having trouble in. I can see clearly in both eyes at a near distance and read things just fine on signs and what not from around 15~20 feet away. however when I read the red "Exit" signs on the ceiling down the hallways the farther away it gets the more blurry they appear. everything else appears pretty clear aside from the red sign which is pretty blurry. Does it sound like ON, or am I just freaking out and my OCD has kicked in?
Thanks for all responces..
billyjr

Advertisement

Re: Is it optic neritis?

Postby NHE » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:27 am

When I had optic neuritis my vision was clouded over in one eye similar to looking through a pair of glasses that were fogged over.

For what it's worth, I've had long standing issues with not being able to focus on blue light. It's just a hunch, but this symptom might be attributable to my use frequent of black lights when I was growing up.

NHE
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Is it optic neritis?

Postby 22philli » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Probably not. If you can see clearly at a distance it is more likely a prescription issue. ON causes blurry vision or a blurry spot that is constant for a few days to weeks. It usually starts with pain in the back of the eye, but not always. See your eye doctor an MD one, and they can check for inflammation and possibly do a visual field test for it. That will test for a blind spot or blurry spot that cannot be seen in the front of the eye (retrobulbar optic neuritis). You may just need a tweak in glasses though. Best of luck to you!
22philli

Return to General Discussion