New Numbness

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
uncomfortablynumb

New Numbness

Post by uncomfortablynumb »

Diagnosed several years ago. I read the boards frequently, and have learned a lot....but just decided to join.

I have had brain, a few spinal lesions and mild optic neuritis.
The only lingering symptom I've really had is numbness. Starting in my face and significant on my trunk and legs. It has not effected my functioning at all. I just had an MRI that showed no enhancing lesions. But for the last week or so, I have noticed a weird new numb sensation on the front of my left calf. It feels more numb and heavy; and I can't describe the sensation except it feels like I have a weighted sleeve attached to the front of my calf? This is new and am concerned, but don't want to run off to dr since I just had an MRI. I am on copaxene and take a lot of supplements (D3, zinc, magnesium.) Does this sound familiar to anyone? Thank you!
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: New Numbness

Post by lyndacarol »

Welcome to ThisIsMS, uncomfortablynumb. We are so glad you decided to join us here.

It is not uncommon for a person with multiple symptoms to have no lesions upon MRI. MS is often an accumulation of new symptoms. "Heaviness" is frequently reported. In my opinion, if your new sensation is MS-related, you have no reason "to run off to dr" because physicians have no real solutions to MS – they have not identified the CAUSE of the disease.

Return to “General Discussion”