MARIJAUNA BEING ILLEGAL IS PURE "BS"-PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Medical Marijuana in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
1eye
Family Elder

Re: MARIJAUNA BEING ILLEGAL IS PURE "BS"-PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Post by 1eye »

It's plain that prisoners incarcerated for simple possession or selling seeds are political prisoners. Is anybody doing anything to free them? They could be free productive citizens.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Hi blossom and everyone, I'm kinda, sorta getting off to a slow start with my RSO -- I haven't reached my 'therapeutic' dose of the oil yet, but I'll keep trying! Two full grains of rice were ruined in the microwave last night. Trial by error. Useful tip: never use a microwave, lol.

I'm going to make an RSO-based cream to put on my ribcage for pain control. I had hoped to make it today, but that hope was dashed when I couldn't find any type of lotion anywhere in the house nor in my condition, could I drive to a store. Tomorrow will be a better day. After my AO appt, I'll buy the lotion that I'll use in the recipe which is SOOO EASY to follow that I don't think even I will have any problems. :)

My Internet shopping consisted of buying small glass bottles to hold my RSO tinctures: 15ml and 30ml. I chose the 'Euro cap' for the bottles as opposed to the 'dropper cap' because the Euro cap dispenses consistent-size drops, doesn't need a dropper, and its plastic cover will prevent spills of precious hemp oil. I also bought some funnels and 'spray caps' to spray the oil on my throat.

http://www.abundanthealth4u.com/Blue_30 ... 144blk.htm

Here are some lists to start on one's journey of learning how to make products (edibles, elixirs, etc.) from hemp oil:

Starting Equipment:
Coffee cup warmer.
Shot glass or heat-resistant glass measuring cup.
Stirrer - made of glass, stainless steel, or silicon (not plastic!).
Small glass bottles with caps (Euro, spray, regular, dropper).
Funnels (small and medium).
Double-boiler.

Starting Ingredients:
RSO oil - usually in a syringe.
Lotion - any brand .5fl oz - 1fl oz.
Honey - processed is best because pollens are filtered.
Coconut oil - very good for bioavailability of cannabinoids (THC, CBN, etc.); sold in health food stores.
Agave nectar - best for bioavailability of cannabinoids (THC, CBN, etc.); sold near sugar in stores.

Often-used Equivalents (with rounding):
1ml = 1gm = .03fl oz = ~10 grains of rice.
30ml = 30gm = 1fl oz. = 2 tbsp
15ml = 15gm = .5fl oz. = 1 tbsp

I'll try to post recipes tomorrow, but until then, you can visit PsychedelicSam's thread "Phoenix Tears" uses at grasscity.com. You guys will recognize Beachcomber, my sailboat; I use the user name 'palinny' at grasscity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam is a master at his craft, an excellent resource, and he's offered to help people from TiMS with any questions--talk about generosity! We're extremely lucky to have his help because, as fate would have it, one of his best friends, Ryan, has MS. Here is Sam's heart-felt dedication to his friend:

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-e ... ry15981089
PsychedelicSam wrote:This thread is dedicated to my friend of 30+ years, Ryan, who has second stage MS.

It's now time to explain why I'm pursuing this process so diligently. One of my best friends has 2nd stage MS and I feel helpless. He and his wife have helped me through times of kidney failure, dialysis, transplantation and others too numerous to count and I can't return the favor because he is on the other side of the country now, in the boonies. They have none of their old friends around and not a lot of support. There are good reasons they are there, so moving isn't really an option although they want to.

When I first heard rumors that thc was good for MS, I decided then that I would find out all I could and try to perfect a product that could help my friend, as well as thousands of others. I got an extra push when I met one of my sources' wives who is pre-MS and could see how it helped her. She was into oils and she really liked the honey I made for her, said it helped the symptoms.

I first started along the path late last year but had only begun the journey before I had some serious physical issues of my own to take care of first. However, during that period I learned a lot treating myself. Probably more than I would have otherwise. I now know what works, what's hype and what's the real deal, at least as far as processes and techniques are concerned. Since I was dealing with neuroskeletal pain instead of a neural disease like MS, I can't pretend to know exactly what will help my friend but I now have the experience and knowledge to actively participate in anything that will make his life a little easier.

I have to give a lot of credit to Grass City and all the good and bad comments I've received during my journey and no matter how negative things got, I still pushed on and learned from them. Then I started work on this thread and it allowed me to pull in all the things that I've learned and even didn't realize that I'd learned. In an effort to help others gain an awareness of the benefits of this method, it has helped me even more. Thank you, GC

They are living in a state that's still in the stone age and any kind of weed is scarce, let alone legal and don't have a way to pursue this, so I arranged to get some of this batch to them, never mind how. I sent honey elixir and raspberry GD and some of the cream. They just received it and have tried the honey so far and really liked it. They were surprised with the quality and the pleasant difference in the feeling. They'll try the GD tomorrow. I hadn't told them what I was doing or the real reason why. I wanted to make sure that they liked it and it worked for them before I exposed my grand plan. They aren't computer literate and really had only heard talk about thc and MS. I explained my initial plan of treatment and since it wasn't too hard and resulted in a good buzz, they went with it. I just want him to initially titrate a dose and do it daily until he runs out. They have about 3 weeks worth and then we'll see if there's any help. Now that I know they got it, I'll send more.

There is still a lot to learn, specifically about ways to customize the product like BKS has done and occasionally mentions. Thanks to her I know not to send him things too cerebral like a heavy sativa, but a good indica or hybrid would be good. All along the way, I'll post those things I've learned as well as all the things I continue to do for myself and those of you who wish to participate and may have requests of your own.

I'm writing this now because I now have the confidence that I can come out of the closet, so to speak, and expose my grandiose plan without being concerned others think I'm crazy. Remember, I'm not crazy, I'm a Pisces. We started treatment today and the die is cast. This will be a private matter and won't be a topic of the thread, but I will post updates. Thanks, everyone.

This is for you, Ryan. Hang in there, buddy and thanks for being you.
EDIT: Sam has let me know that Ryan passed away due to his MS in December <tears>
Last edited by HappyPoet on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

The quote below is a post I just made to Sam at grasscity.com: http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?ap ... msg1194862
HappyPoet wrote:SUCCESS!

Sam's pain cream formula worked so well on my brutal MS Hug symptoms that I could feel exactly where the cream was put and wasn't put which never happened when I used prescription Lidocaine cream. Also, the effects of this pain cream went deeper than the Lidocaine ever did. This is the greatest stuff since sliced bread--no, that should be, this stuff is even greater than sliced bread! Thanks to the cream, I also slept better last night than I have in weeks, and such quality sleep is extremely important for MSers.

Blossom, who is a great friend from TiMS, and I talked on the phone while I stirred the heated oil into the lotion--I used Aveeno, which is made with oatmeal (found it in my car). I made it strong: .5oz lotion with .5gm of RSO. Asking her to help was such a smart decision. While it only took two minutes to make the cream, we stayed on the phone for two hours, and I had a blast (hope she did, too!). Thank you again!

The cream saved me! And just in the nick of time, too!! Two important doctor appts had been cancelled on me last week, and I desperately needed help to get me through until the rescheduled appts happen. This EASY-TO-MAKE pain cream did the trick and will help me wait it out until my chiro appt on Mon. and steroid injections on Tues. So, I went from being in tears to singing happy tunes, thanks to you, Sam.

Last night Amazon.com, I bought the RSVP International Double Boiler Universal Insert

I'll put the insert over a small pot of simmering water (need only 1" water which warms up quickly!). The heat will rise to melt the contents of insert without burning or scorching the contents, e.g., chocolate, butter, RSO. I really like the compact size, two built-in pouring spouts (help to easily fill funnels, bottles), and shape (fits several pot sizes and stirring is easy) of the insert. With all the melting I've been doing since I received my RSO, this will become one of my most important go-to pieces.

Sam, what effect does a microwave have on pot? I read that microwaves can't heat up anything more than a couple degrees higher than 212 degrees F and that most food comes out of a microwave at ~100 degrees F. Thx!

My next posts will be my over-due replies to those who've posted to me.
EDIT: Seems as though Amazon ties my private Amazon account to any item I've already purchased, so that is why I think the link wouldn't work. I put the name of the item in place of the link so people can search for the insert.
Last edited by HappyPoet on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Here's a link to Tif's positive thread about mj capsules: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-d ... 23029.html She created a new thread so more people on the general discussion forum would see it than who read this thread, and because blossom and I often bump blossom's thread with new info, I posted Tif's link here in case anyone misses her thread out there, so to speak.
Last edited by HappyPoet on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

HappyPoet wrote:EDIT: Seems as though Amazon ties my private Amazon account to any item I've already purchased, so that is why I think the link wouldn't work. I put the name of the item in place of the link so people can search for the insert.
Delete your Amazon cookies and you'll be anonymous again. Note, make sure that you know your password prior to cookie removal. However, you can always reset it so it really doesn't matter.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Thanks, NHE!

Btw, the conversion to the new server seems to have gone smoothly. :)
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

PsychedelicSam of grasscity.com showed me this great link to a list of HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of marijuana studies categorized by disease (scroll down a bit to the list). MS is included. I'm working on getting the updated list and will post that, too.

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-mari ... -2010.html
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

HP, I can't access the list. Perhaps I'm missing a link somewhere?

PN
Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Hayes inspired Calcitriol+D3 2013-2014
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
DrG B12 Transdermal Spray 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
Low-Dose Immunotherapy 2015-16
My Current Regimen http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens-f22/topic25634.html
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

PN, the link works for me. The list of links starts with the second post of the thread and continues through many posts because it's so long. I'm not sure what to think. Maybe we'll hear from others who also can't read the thread??? Has anyone had success reading the list?
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

PN and anyone else, I can email a pdf file of the updated list of links to MMJ studies. Feel free to PM me if interested.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Blossom,
For a yankee you sure are a rebel rouser. It's much safer for you to stick to peace, love and reefer. One too many nips of white lightening and you might start a bar fight and bring the house down.

I propose we do a simple inexpensive study comparing mental and motor impairment caused by increasing dosages of different prescription drugs, alcohol and cannibis. For motor skills I suggest we solicit some young 21 year old male volunteers (probably get plenty) suited up with helmets, elbow and shin pads and put them on stunt bikes and skateboards in a half pipe for some fun. Then we compare them doing stunts while on the different drugs at different dosages. They will probably due better on certain sports enhancing drugs like amphetimines. Steroids are only good for strength. EPO and other blood and respiratory enhancers will help their endurance and not decrease motor or mental skills. Mind altering prescription psychotrophic drugs such as barbituates and alcohol will probably have to be called off early before they kill themselves from lack of balance, coordination and motor skills. On the other hand, when they are on cannibis the testers may have to call of the experiment when they when they run out of food and fun stunts to do. Mental impairment would be a bit more challenging to test in 21 year old males. It is not easy to tell when they are mentally impaired under normal circumstances and their language and linguistic skills aren't fully developed at such a tender young age. We could ask them to recall the last episode of Duck Dynasty or the names of the players of their favorite sport team. On a good note, at least they won't show any signs of decreased mental performance.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

uprightdoc wrote:Blossom,
For a yankee you sure are a rebel rouser. It's much safer for you to stick to peace, love and reefer. One too many nips of white lightening and you might start a bar fight and bring the house down.

I propose we do a simple inexpensive study comparing mental and motor impairment caused by increasing dosages of different prescription drugs, alcohol and cannibis. For motor skills I suggest we solicit some young 21 year old male volunteers (probably get plenty) suited up with helmets, elbow and shin pads and put them on stunt bikes and skateboards in a half pipe for some fun. Then we compare them doing stunts while on the different drugs at different dosages. They will probably due better on certain sports enhancing drugs like amphetimines. Steroids are only good for strength. EPO and other blood and respiratory enhancers will help their endurance and not decrease motor or mental skills. Mind altering prescription psychotrophic drugs such as barbituates and alcohol will probably have to be called off early before they kill themselves from lack of balance, coordination and motor skills. On the other hand, when they are on cannibis the testers may have to call of the experiment when they when they run out of food and fun stunts to do. Mental impairment would be a bit more challenging to test in 21 year old males. It is not easy to tell when they are mentally impaired under normal circumstances and their language and linguistic skills aren't fully developed at such a tender young age. We could ask them to recall the last episode of Duck Dynasty or the names of the players of their favorite sport team. On a good note, at least they won't show any signs of decreased mental performance.

hi dr. flanagan, i don't know about being a rebel rouser, but when "right is right" and "wrong is wrong" how can ya let it go? they did with hemp as with this thing they put the name ms on our symptoms. threw all the mser's in one bushel and that is wrong. threw all the hemp into one bushel and that's wrong. "all about the money".

to me i am not breaking any laws. in the bible it says to go by the laws of the land "unless it goes against God's laws." this plant and it's history have been around since the beginning of time and used for food, medicine you name it. i don't think the God i worship would have wanted this criminalized nor agree with it. the ones in power that made the laws that with held this plant from the suffering and it's many other uses-"they are the criminals."

yes, white lightning, good in some of "granny's special medicine." but, for a short time in my younger days a few nips and 5'3" 110 lb. it could make me 6'6" and bullet proof. a good recipe to get my alligator mouth and my canary butt in trouble. -- but, it's legal. as said, it was a short time. as with mj or booze it's being responsible. just like an automobile it can be a deadly weapon if the person driveing it is irresponsible. --- i think the majority of the people wanting mj legalized "straight across the board" are well informed and very responsible. the ones buying into govt. proproganda need to get educated on the true "facts."

you, do not put all us mser's in one box and you thought out of the box when other dr.'s were still trying to find their way around inside the box.

i like your experiment idea.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Blossom,
Some of the biggest banks have been indicted for laundering illegal drug money. It's a huge tax free black market. It generates more profit than oil. That's why its illegal.