Help! Bladder issues

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
ExtremeMS

Help! Bladder issues

Post by ExtremeMS »

So for the past 10 months I just constantly feel like my bladder is full even after going to the loo

It's literally starting to drive me insane the constant feeling of a full bladder

I have had every test with a urologist and they all came back ok

Anyone have this? Has anything helped you?
JerryD

Re: Help! Bladder issues

Post by JerryD »

I don't suppose any of your medical practitioners spoke to you about limiting your animal protein intake. You can also get some help for your bladder issues from Cranberry juice or tablets. There is also a product called Uristatin from several online health stores. These strategies have been helping for several years. I had many back to back UTI's and treated them with antibiotics. That was fine but i had to get ahead of the UTI's or I would have been repeatedly using the antibiotics. Try these strategies and i hope they work for you.
oreo
Family Elder

Post by oreo »

Relax, sit and stay.
I have found that when I do my business and then just stay for a minute or two, there is a second round of going. In fact, sometimes round 2 voids more than round 1.
The key seems to be relax and don't rush.
Carpe Diem
MELVIRA

Post by MELVIRA »

Hi,

You may have a neurogenic bladder due to your MS. Ask your urologist about the term "neurogenic" bladder. There is a special test with electrical stimulation where they can test your bladder.
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

Hi ExtremeMS
Yes I had/have this symptom.
I tried all the bladder drugs but they did not work - especially at night.
I was advised to have Botox and was waiting for my appointment when I was put on Cymbalta (duloxetine). Bizzarrely, what is a 'negative' side-effect for most turNed out to be a fantastic benefit for my bladder. I now only go once during the night - compared with 20+ times before.
Perhaps try it if you have tried everything else. I found the first two weeks on it absolutely horrible - racing heart, edgy, insomnia - but it kicked in about 15-20 days after starting it. I hope this helps you and PM me if you need more info.
:wink:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Concussus Resurgo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RR-MS dx 1998 and Coeliac dx 2003
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tecfidera, Cymbalta, Baclofen.
EPO, Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Magnesium, Multivitamin/mineral, Co-Enzyme Q10, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Melatonin.