Leaky Gut

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Leaky Gut

Postby rbain » Sun May 05, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi my first post, I have been ghosting this board since late Feb this year.
I was confirmed RRMS in early Feb and my Neuro has me on Gilenya, which I am reluctant to take, but I dont want any more flare ups, Consulted with Dr Thibault in March to get me started on the Antibiotic protocol.
I have been trying to get a few issues under better control before I start, my diet was the first, which is now sorted the second I need some help with is my yeast infection/leaky gut.
Is it best to get this yeast infection under control before I start the Antibiotic protocol?

Rod
rbain

Advertisement

Re: Leaky Gut

Postby CuriousRobot » Mon May 06, 2013 9:50 am

How would you know your gut stopped leaking?
CuriousRobot
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Mon May 06, 2013 10:05 am

you don't get the side effects associated with intestinal permeability any more. you can also test for changes in food sensitivities (IgG antibodies.. I have not had this done but my relative did before and after zinc therapy.. a whole array of food sensitivities vanished)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby want2bike » Mon May 06, 2013 4:55 pm

If you have a leaky gut it is best to stop eating gluten and dairy. These have been linked to MS through a leaky gut. You can repair your gut by probiotics and a appropriate diet. Don't rely on the doctors to solve this problem. Get the information on line and take control of your health. The information is out there. You just have to do it.

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Best-Way- ... id=5446449

http://www.risap.com/10-tips-that-is-gu ... leaky-gut/
want2bike
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Mon May 06, 2013 5:11 pm

that would be b/c gluten and dairy both deplete zinc. serum zinc goes up when you quit gluten for sure and I suspect quitting dairy would have the same effect. but you don't necessarily know by how much, or if it's enough. testing can help you decide if therapeutic supplements are in order.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Return to General Discussion