environmental pollution

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

do you live near an airport or have exposure to diesel exhaust?

NO,
56%
Yes, when I was younger
6%
Yes, I still do
31%
Not really more than typical
6%

Total votes: 16

1eye
Family Elder

Re: environmental pollution

Post by 1eye »

clearly the flora of the intestine determines how leaky it is
Not clear to me. Conditions like "leaky"-ness are not determinate or easily quantified. "How leaky'" sounds pretty nebulous. In what units is leakiness measured? "Diet" is not something you can nail down and start blaming for all your ills, Terry Wahls notwithstanding. It's as leaky as "leakiness".

Re pollution/water theft/air flight, etc: I think we are all doomed on account of air transport. I bet airplane hours track well with climate temperature, and I think without flight we would not have to worry about climate. But are we willing to give it up? I am reminded of Al Gore's frog in a beaker of water. Before the frog knows it's getting too hot, it's far too late.

Similarly, I went on vacation in Amish/Mennonite territory. If we used horses for many of the things we used internal combustion for, would we have too much methane exhaust?

Modern life is not the cause of MS. Face it, you are sick. You may not get much better. But it's a better choice than no life at all.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
David1949
Family Elder

Re: environmental pollution

Post by David1949 »

I think you need a control group for this to be meaningful. Put the same questions to people who don't have MS.

Return to “General Discussion”