Chiropractic medicine

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
wbowen
Getting to Know You...

Chiropractic medicine

Post by wbowen »

Not looking for a MS cure...but I have a lot of muscle tension and pain in my back and hips...numbness/tingling in my hands...any experience with chiropractic adjustment?

Wendy
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Chiropractic medicine

Post by NHE »

I'm sure that you will find many differing views on your question as there are many variables with chiropractic treatment including both the practitioner and the patient. My personal experience has been that I've found massage work to be more beneficial overall than chiropractic. However, I have close family members which have found the opposite to be true. I'm not sure if this helps you, but I do wish that you find something that does help.

NHE
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

Hi Wendy!
I tried chiropractic some time ago and found no relief. However, I too have found massage to be of great benefit for neck and shoulder pain. I see a massage therapist on a regular basis to keep the pain/tightness at bay. It has really worked for me.
Good luck!
Lori
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

well me too. I use a chiro if I fall down and have a sore neck or something, but for regular help I see a massage therapist on a weekly basis. I looked for and found a therapist who works deeply and on trigger points and am very hapy withher help
marie