Evoked potential study for the Michiganders!

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Evoked potential study for the Michiganders!

Postby rbrooks » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:01 am

Hello again! Sorry for the inundation, but my research period is wrapping up soon, so I wanted to check one last time to see if anyone was interested in participating in the research I'm conducting for my doctoral project for Audiology.

The research is looking at the Auditory Brainstem Response in people who have MS and normal to near-normal hearing. It entails a hearing test and then the Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) test, for which you'll recline comfortably and be as relaxed as possible. Sleeping is even better! You'll hear different sounds coming into your ears, but you won't need to do anything. Some sticky sensors are put on your forehead and earlobes and these measure the responses of your auditory nerve and parts of your brainstem to the sound. Someone asked me before the test, "Are there needles?" and the answer is NO! No poking, prodding or pinching!

If you are interested, the testing will take place in Mid-Michigan (Central Michigan University area), so proximity and travel time are something to keep in mind if you think you might be interested in participating.

Thanks!
rbrooks

Advertisement

Return to General Discussion