the question I have been afraid to ask

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

the question I have been afraid to ask

Postby Youarethecure » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:31 pm

So my brain has plenty of lesions on it and I had plenty of symptoms but I have somehow almost returned back to normal.......

I am going for a spinal mri soon and my doctor said to not be surprised to see lesions or w/e based on one of my symptoms being a painful then limp leg. I had "drop foot" but it has come back to almost 100 percent now. I am only 25, and a male. I had optic neuritis at 19 with no other lesions or signs of ms. Then a few months ago I went through an episode which included the leg issue.

Is it a bad sign that I have already had spinal problems along with the brain issues? aka am I freaking wheelchair bound?

My brain stem was clear of lesions so its hard to see how my spine will be clear. Is it "standard" in the early stages to have spinal issues already as well?

Either way, I will stick with copaxone, an anti inflammatory diet, lifting/exercising, and my nutrition goals to slow the progression.

Thanks for any input,

Chris
Youarethecure
Family Member

Advertisement

Re: the question I have been afraid to ask

Postby want2bike » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:29 am

The only thing I can suggest you have to examine the environment and try to eliminate toxins. My problem was with the root canals and amalgam fillings I had in my mouth but I can never be sure. The one thing for sure is when I did a detox program all my symptoms went away. Anything toxic to the body is suspect. If you are living in an industrial area which is putting pollution in the air that could be a problem. Things like fluoride, heavy metals, antibiotics, GMO food, vaccines and drugs are toxic to the body. One thing for sure if you are not getting better you have to try something different. Did you try Dr. Bergman's treatment. He claims you will get better in 60 days. Why not give it a try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGmyUppmt-g
want2bike
Family Elder

Postby Youarethecure » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:12 am

Ohh, I have gotten better for now at least. I am almost back to 100 percent health. but for how long, we don't know.
Youarethecure
Family Member

Postby jerrygallow » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:20 pm

you need to go to a book store, and read the first few chapters of a book called mind over medicine. Based on the title, I would never read it. But it totally changed my view of disease, what it is, and how the mind controls it. If you expect to decline, you probably will. My doc flat out told me that I should NOT expect to get worse.
jerrygallow
Family Member

Postby melko321 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:00 am

Hi, youarethecure,
I'm sorry none of the more down-to-Earth members of this forum decided to answer your question, Youarethecure. I could tell you my opinion, but being new to MS myself I'm not sure I can give you a correct answer. As you probably know, MS is an extremely versatile disease, but I'd say having spinal lesions is not a good sign. I have a few myself, and I was diagnosed only a year ago.
Still, no need to panic, I know of several people with numerous spinal and brain lesions who, 20 years after their diagnosis, still have no disability. Luck of the draw.
I hope it turns out you are one of those people.
melko321
Family Member

Postby CureOrBust » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:54 am

Youarethecure wrote:So my brain has plenty of lesions on it and I had plenty of symptoms but I have somehow almost returned back to normal.......

I am going for a spinal mri soon and my doctor said to not be surprised to see lesions or w/e based on one of my symptoms being a painful then limp leg. I had "drop foot" but it has come back to almost 100 percent now. I am only 25, and a male. I had optic neuritis at 19 with no other lesions or signs of ms. Then a few months ago I went through an episode which included the leg issue.

Is it a bad sign that I have already had spinal problems along with the brain issues? aka am I freaking wheelchair bound?

My brain stem was clear of lesions so its hard to see how my spine will be clear. Is it "standard" in the early stages to have spinal issues already as well?
Chris, the reason you have been sent to specifically go for a Spine MRI is because your previous scans do not guarantee any specific result from the spine MRI; otherwise it would of been redundant and not requested.

The thing that would make me personally comfortable is that your function returned pretty well. I would personally keep up what you are doing (and really extend your work-outs [my personal view]). I have read so many times about "normal's" and controls having lesions, its function that I personally care about.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Postby Youarethecure » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:52 am

Thanks to the good replies lol.

I do know exactly why I need to get the mri. I was just curious on the situation of already having spinal lesions.

I lift and exercise for a minimum of 45 minutes to close to 1.5 hours if I do cardio as well. I have been doing that for over 5 years now. I do not get heat exhaustion or too much fatigue so I can still do it all with no issues.

I am comfortable in all of this, I am young and back to normal just waiting for them to be able to repair our myelin. Time is on my side with this crap. ..... I hope lol.
Youarethecure
Family Member

Postby jimmylegs » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:12 pm

heya :) i would think that as long as you ensure your macro and micro nutrient as well as hydration requirements are optimized as you continue to exercise, that you'll be setting yourself up for a best case scenario - and if you feel any suspicious symptoms (*including* a change in attitude about the future), get the bloodwork done and adjust your intakes as needed. you can do it :)
READ ME key info on nutrient targets - www.thisisms.com/ftopict-2489.html
my approach: no meds so far - just nutrient-dense anti-inflammatory whole foods, and supplements where needed
info: www.whfoods.com, www.nutritiondata.com
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Return to General Discussion