Toxic black mold & MS?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Toxic black mold & MS?

Postby DRE2014 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:24 am

Can toxic black mold (stachybotrys) trigger Multiple Sclerosis?

I moved into a new place 2 years ago only to have found bad black mold (independently verified as stachybotrys) in the house. Now, I have
a ton of MS symptoms from it.

Could this be something that could trigger MS in some but not others and therefore never been given the caution it may really deserve?
DRE2014

Advertisement

Re: Toxic black mold & MS?

Postby CureOrBust » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:02 am

As the doctors know so little (ie nada) as to what causes MS, anything can be put into the category of a "possibility" for individuals, as we may all have a different trigger... or not... we just don't know either way. sorry.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Postby want2bike » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:02 am

Anything which is toxic to the body can result in MS. Pesticides, heavy metals, GMO's, fluoride, viruses, bacteria, ........etc. When these things attack the brain or nervous system you can get MS. When they attack another part of the body you get some other disease. If you can relate your symptoms to moving into the house there is something in the house which is not good for you. Pay attention to the environment and how your body response to it. It is not just a coincidence when someone gets sick. It is the result of too many toxins in the body. We are surrounded by toxins everyday but the mold in the house may have push you over the edge. Might try living somewhere else for a while and see if the symptoms go away.
want2bike
Family Elder

Postby HarryZ » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:13 am

want2bike wrote:Anything which is toxic to the body can result in MS.

Can I presume that you mean a "possibility" exists that this could lead to MS?
HarryZ
Family Elder

Postby Kronk » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:17 am

To the topic at hand the link below seems to indicate a tie between mold and autoimmune diseases. While researchers state there is an "environmental component" to MS, they are just guessing because they cannot locate all the triggers in the lab. I don't know that I have every lived in a moldy environment and grew up in a very dry climate. Seems very unlikely in my case, but each person is unique.

http://www.whatech.com/members-news/man ... ienist-fry
Kronk
Family Elder

Postby HarryZ » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:14 am

We know that toxins are bad for your system. They can cause a whole array of problems to your health. Some of the symptoms can mimic those MS patients experience. We know that heavy metals can cause neurological problems.

But what nobody knows at the moment is whether these toxins are responsible for the cause of MS or just exacerbate an already compromised system. They have been studying MS patients for years now and have found elevated white blood cell counts, lack of B12, obstructed jugular veins, certain deficiencies in some minerals and vitamins, low histamine 2 levels, high metal levels, etc etc. What isn't known is whether these deficiencies are a result of the MS, influences the cause of the disease or have nothing to do with it.

The MS patients who take treatments for these issues often start to feel better but is their MS getting better or is their overall health improving with the MS progressing in the background which often happens.

Does this mean that MS is a multitude of different diseases or one cause that doesn't involve these other issues?

Research has been going on for over 70 years yet nobody knows the actual cause of the disease and been able to scientifically prove it. You would think someone, somewhere will find the answer! Until then all we have is a lot of theories.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion