SSDI Fraud

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

SSDI Fraud

Post by NHE »

blossom
Family Elder

Re: SSDI Fraud

Post by blossom »

we all know there are some legitimate health issues that can't be seen with the naked eye but i'll bet there are many here at tims that know of or personally know people receiving disability that are no more disabled than the man on the moon. around here there was a big increase when there was so called welfare reform. many I knew that were on welfare are now on ssdi--"and very proud to say it". it doesn't have the same stigma to it. and, then there are the ones collecting working under the table and not for minimum wage, they want $10.00 AND up an hr. some cases they are on ssdi, but not to disabled to reproduce like rabbits then the whole clan is on it with free housing free food all kinds of benefits--why would they ever consider going to work. their kids are getting educated into a generational job with many of the kids supposedly "hiper whatever" then the govt. pays to put them on legal zombie drugs and they're set. "the whole clan is legally disabled". then there's the example one of many of a guy I hired to cut some trees. he climbed like a monkey, strong as an ox and worked like a horse--come to find out--he had worked in the coal mines, supposedly got hurt, milked workmans comp. then went on social sec. disability and works under the table.

I blame first the govt. for letting things go this far and assisting in creating a big problem in our society that is weakening our nation. a good thing corrupted. then the recipients who are lieing, stealing and plain lazy but they do it because "they can" and the benefits are better. but it's still legal lieing and stealing.

for someone like myself that worked since the age of 13 and paid and paid and still paying because we saved a little bought a home and planned to keep working and hoped we'd benefit from our labor by a little retirement-here I sit in a wheelchair afraid I may not be able to use what's left of my so called better hand to feed myself or scratch my nose---watching people that claim to be disabled out about and living life on my dime. worried about funds being there for me and others that 'truly are disabled" and hate every second of it.

they know this is going on, been going on. what are they waiting for? until it's all gone!?
jerrygallow
Family Elder

Re: SSDI Fraud

Post by jerrygallow »

I can't get the link to work, but I'll say this. I follow a group on facebook with 20k plus MS members. Many people post there who are very very sick. People who can barely walk, people with severe symptoms, and these people often fight for years, with many denials, to get SSDI. So I'm not sure where all this abuse, and just going down and signing up happens. But people with MS have a very hard time getting on these programs because they assume the disability is not permanent. Second, most people only get 1k bucks give or take a couple hundred per month. So if SSDI is this big vacation of luxury where you have life made in the shade, I'd like to know how you life it up on so little. Do people work "under the table". Probably yes. Why, because you can't live very well on disability, and if you work at all, you can lose the assistance that you had to fight for years to get in the first place.

Return to “General Discussion”