trying to keep it simpler !

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
ghaith
Getting to Know You...

trying to keep it simpler !

Post by ghaith »

Hi, am sharing here my latest reads and findings and asking for help to reflect with me on this. This started when I was looking for a disease with similar symptoms to my MS symptoms.

I came across some very interesting facts; I had a look at the symptoms of body fluid retention and bad fluid drainage. For example “they can also experience symptoms of burning, aching, or itchiness”-,in the legs. "symptoms tend to be less severe in the morning after a night of leg elevation in bed and worsen through the day with standing.” “Vascular disease is the predominant cause of erection problems.””; the list goes on and on …

In short, MS symptoms are very similar to the symptoms of diseases of the Veins and fluid retention problems. So why not use the suggested treatment to treat MS and when I look that up it was the same ones suggested for MS.(taking vitamins, taking water, raising the legs while sitting …etc) look at How to Treat Fluid Retention = http://m.wikihow.com/Treat-Fluid-Retention

I believe in what Dr. Zamboni started however I also believe that was only the start and more has to be done; For example I started analyzing why do veins get narrow some of the times and not always and not for everybody, and why is there extra fluid… I can only find one possible answer; osmosis so if our blood was slightly acidic sometime in the day, this would drain fluid out to the body and would cause the narrowing of the veins in its weaker and thin parts and the symptoms would worsen.

“The blood should maintain a ph range of 7.35 to 7.45. If the pH of your blood falls below 7.35, the result is a condition called acidosis, a state that leads to central nervous system depression. Severe acidosis… “ Extracted from here http://drbenkim.com/ph-body-blood-foods ... kaline.htm so I guess we (MS’ers) over think ourselves and over worry which would make our blood acidic and start the bad symptoms. (just a theory off course)

Again foods or recommendations for MS are the same as for Alkalizing Your Bloodhttp://drbenkim.com/ph-body-blood-foods ... kaline.htm.

Finally I am asking the help from the members with medical background in this group to give me some feedback and some answers; like does this make sense and what is next…? Can this stop MS symptoms and then the body will heal itself.

By the way, I noticed that I am more energetic after I added coffee (which makes me urinate a lot) to my diet , and raising my legs a lot also helps. Another thing pregnancy relieves MS symptoms and takes out water from the body.…

Maybe the cure from the MS symptoms is a simple diuretic pill.?
HarryZ
Family Elder

Re: trying to keep it simpler !

Post by HarryZ »

When one has MS, the body does not function in the normal manner.Your "wiring system" isn't able to transmit the proper signals to various organs in the body. Depending where the damage in the brain is located will determine what kind of symptoms you have..

At the moment, we treat the various symptoms in the hope making life more comfortable. As you can read here, MS patients have tried a huge variety of different treatments. What works for one does nothing for the next person and viceversa. It is very important that you try and keep your everyday health as well as possible to minimize the symptoms. That can involve eating properly, getting the proper rest and exercise and keeping stress levels as low as possible.

My wife (passed away 2007) had huge issues with fluid retention in her legs. That was caused by a lack of movement and always sitting which resulted in poor circulation. While one can try and reduce those symptoms, it won't "cure" the MS.

While all of these "treatments" can help your MS, by no means is it a cure. Heck, we don't even know the cause of MS at this time and beware of anyone who writes that they have the answer and cure!

And feeling better after drinking coffee...your caffeine intake increases and can give you a bit of a buzz with increased energy. Coffee drinkers experience various levels of energy increase.
ghaith
Getting to Know You...

Re: trying to keep it simpler !

Post by ghaith »

I agree with you and agree that the cause of MS is sadly not known yet however, i am saying that fluid retention which is found in most if not all people with MS is causing many of the bad symptoms and I am saying treating this bit can help many.

Last year my doctor gave me a drug for my stress and depression and that off course loosened my muscles a lot and I lost lots of water (through urination) after that my movement was much better.
so yes it is not a cure but is it a treatment?

Return to “General Discussion”