Impact of Online Health Communities on Patient-Phys Dialogue

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
ap1990

Impact of Online Health Communities on Patient-Phys Dialogue

Post by ap1990 »

Hello. I am very interested in the impact of online communities on enhancing the discussions between patients and physicians. I have a 7 to 10 minute anonymous questionnaire, which I would like for patients and/or physicians to answer. The data I gather from the survey will help me complete my thesis. This is purely an academic project. I will be more than happy to share the summary of the results if anyone is interested.The link to the questionnaire is:

http://www.instant.ly/s/7Pr7w
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Impact of Online Health Communities on Patient-Phys Dial

Post by euphoniaa »

ap1990 wrote:Hello. I am very interested in the impact of online communities on enhancing the discussions between patients and physicians. I have a 7 to 10 minute anonymous questionnaire, which I would like for patients and/or physicians to answer. The data I gather from the survey will help me complete my thesis. This is purely an academic project. I will be more than happy to share the summary of the results if anyone is interested.The link to the questionnaire is:

http://www.instant.ly/s/7Pr7w
Hello, can you give us more information about your background, school of origin, etc.? I never click on blind links with no background information. Thanks!
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
ap1990

Post by ap1990 »

Hello euphoniaa,

Thank you for your response! My name is Akash Patel. I am a student at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (formally known as Philadelphia College of Pharmacy). I am doing a thesis for my undergraduate program on the impact that online health communities have on enhancing the dialogue between patients and physicians. The link is a direct link to a questionnaire that I am using to gather data for my project. I am looking for patients, family member of patients, physicians, and anyone who uses the internet to search for health information to participate. It is an anonymous questionnaire and I will be happy to share a summary of the results with participants who would like to know more about the topic. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask and I will get back to you as soon as I can. For questions, you can just post them here or send me a message.

Thank You,

Akash Patel
daverestonvirginia
Family Elder

Post by daverestonvirginia »

I completed the survey. I believe the availability of information on the internet from all over the world was of the greatest help to me when I was first DX. It continues to provide me with information I cannot find anywhere else. I believe anything that would restrict that information would not be good, even if they say it would be for own good. For example I have found data about vitamin d which at first my doctor would not even acknowledge but now takes as factual.