GCMAF, VDRS, viruses, bacteria, nagalase, gut flora etc

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Anonymoose
Family Elder

GCMAF, VDRS, viruses, bacteria, nagalase, gut flora etc

Post by Anonymoose »

This is intriguing. I stumbled upon this whilst researching lyme treatments (yep, I've been poking around lyme land). Anyway, this isn't a great source and the whole concept seems to be controversial at this point (including retractions of papers) but this guy's site gives a pretty good run down of the whole GCMAF idea.

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/gcmaf
From gcmaf.eu, "In its role of immune system regulator, research shows GcMAF can reverse other diseases that attack the immune system like Autism, CFS, XMRV, Lyme disease, Aids, HIV, Fibromyalgia (all of which we've begun to have success with ourselves), osteoporosis, Hodgkin’s, Lupus, MS, Parkinson’s, various bacterial and viral infections and various types of Immune dysfunction." - See more at: http://www.betterhealthguy.com/gcmaf#st ... MHgCl.dpuf
There is a lot more info on his site.

In a nutshell, bacteria and viruses produce nagalase which blocks VDRs and inhibits the immune systems ability to fight infection. GCMAF is able to combat this and return nagalase to normal levels allowing for immune recovery (sometimes scary IRIS) and adequate infection response.

That's all I've got (can't find MS nagalase levels anywhere but might test mine for kicks...I might be a lymie though)...hoping some of the more detail oriented might care to pick this apart for the masses. :P It kind of doesn't make sense for MS if Pender's adoptive immunotherapy works...and rituxan and other mabs. Hm. I talked myself out of that rather quickly. Maybe someone can talk me back into thinking this is worth a look now. lol
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: GCMAF, VDRS, viruses, bacteria, nagalase, gut flora etc

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

Google Nagalase and Carrot Juice or Pomegranate juice and there are a whole lot of comments. There are better diet people here than me who might have a good handle on it but its a good justification for carrot juice.
Leonard
Family Elder

Post by Leonard »

I would caution you a bit here.

The vitamin D receptor is mentioned in this context of GcMAF. We also know that vitamin D has an inhibiting effect on the EBV.
Therefore one can not exclude that there is something somewhere.
I think also the role of the gut in immunity is key.

But Dr. Kenny de Meirleir seems quite central in this plot.
He is from Brussels and -although this may not necessarily mean a whole lot- he is not particularly liked by his colleagues, more to the contrary.
Where some of these colleagues were not old world but were rather open and forward thinking persons that I found on my path.
Anonymoose
Family Elder

Post by Anonymoose »

Scott1 wrote:Hi,

Google Nagalase and Carrot Juice or Pomegranate juice and there are a whole lot of comments. There are better diet people here than me who might have a good handle on it but its a good justification for carrot juice.
Hi,
I googled and couldn't find a darn hit worth clicking. What am I missing? I had started taking an aloe/pomegranate juice concoction a few days ago so maybe I'm doing something good by accident? There is some mention of gcmaf in goats milk. I don't think I could drink that though. My dog looks like a goat and I don't think I could stomach consuming something while being so close to "the source." My disassociative powers are not that strong. :P
Leonard wrote:I would caution you a bit here.

The vitamin D receptor is mentioned in this context of GcMAF. We also know that vitamin D has an inhibiting effect on the EBV.
Therefore one can not exclude that there is something somewhere.
I think also the role of the gut in immunity is key.

But Dr. Kenny de Meirleir seems quite central in this plot.
He is from Brussels and -although this may not necessarily mean a whole lot- he is not particularly liked by his colleagues, more to the contrary.
Where some of these colleagues were not old world but were rather open and forward thinking persons that I found on my path.
Hi Leonard,
I didn't really pay any attention to the gcmaf hubbub until I saw a comment somewhere about Dr klinghardt (well know Lyme doc) not using antibiotics anymore because gcmaf worked on its own. I am still a bit untrusting of the whole Lyme culture too though. So I am curious but not interested at this point.

This paper has a case study of severely disabled ms patient with Lyme treated first with stem cells (no response) and then stem cells plus gcmaf. She recovered some function.
http://thescipub.com/PDF/ajisp.2013.78.84.pdf

Why hasn't there been more publicity of gcmaf for ms? Even the goofiest fake ms mouse treatments make the news.
vilnietis
Family Member

Post by vilnietis »

Why hasn't there been more publicity of gcmaf for ms?

http://betterhealthguy.com/gcmaf

Update July 16 2015: GcMAF is no longer available as the company that made it was shutdown by overseas regulatory agencies. As always, consult your doctor before making any medical decisions on any therapy you may be considering.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn ... ries-foul/

Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Merlyn, here, and I was just wondering whether anyone was experimenting out there with Bravo Probiotics or the injections of GcMAF… My doctor is working with this therapy, sourcing it from Japan, where it is still being manufactured. I just wrote this company for pricing…

http://www.saisei-mirai.or.jp/gan/macrophage_eng.html

there is a testimonial on MS, but I don't trust it as I cannot see how someone who spends 4 years in a wheelchair as the muscle mass to walk unassisted in three weeks…

Having said that, my Dr. has 68 patients on this treatment and claims amazing results with autism, cancer, and has another person with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever on it that has been ill for years. She cautions that you are going to get a lot of die off reaction with killing pathogenic organisms like Lyme disease and it order to control that it should be combined with either glutathione or zeolite to stop the Herxheimer reaction… I find zeolite spray by resultsRNA.com to be kind of miraculous in that aspect. My doctor really wants me to do this therapy, including the testing for nagalese ($90). If you're in the US… But I am in Canada and getting these blood tests end up being extremely expensive… BTW, did you know that there are now probiotics that will produce glutathione in the gut and helping Crohn's victims big time…

My second brain has been messed up forever due to literally years of antibiotic use due to intractable/chronic UTIs. Constant problems with Candida, which are controlled by macrophages… I did a genetic test through 23 and me that showed I had genetic damage to the VDR DNA and it gets so complicated because I also had genetic damage to the COMT DNA and I gather this particular combination causes you to break down dopamine too quickly…

http://therivertorecovery.com/gcmaf/

I am investigating the different modalities of delivery because I do not like injecting substances. I also am primary progressive MS, and one of few people I know that twice have had my T cells tested and I was far too high in CD4 helper cells and far too low in CD8 suppressor cells and when I took LDN I had a very weird reaction in that it increased the CD4 helper cells and wiped out the CD8 suppressor cells… Macrophage cells. I believe are intimately regulated with the T cells… Anyway, I am going to be trying some form of this.
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

From: inuiclinic@gmail.com [mailto:inuiclinic@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Saisei Mirai Clinics
Sent: August-04-15 00:31

Subject: Re: Obtaining GcMAF

Dear Marilyn,

Thank you for your inquiry about Saisei Mirai Second Generation GcMAF immunotherapy. We've had good results treating a couple of MS patients who were advanced progressive and we have a case report on our website. It's best to use 0.5ml 3 times weekly GcMAF injection in combination with daily oral GcMAF.

For Second Generation GcMAF therapy we recommend 0.5ml High Dose GcMAF (1500ng/0.5ml) 2-3 times a week by intramuscular (IM) or subcutaneous (SC) injection in combination with oral GcMAF. More frequent dosing may be safely used with more advanced stage of disease, or initially in the treatment course. GcMAF may be administered by IV in addition to IM/SC if deemed necessary, such as for advanced cases.

One course of High Dose GcMAF is usually 48 doses for 6 months. Additional courses may be required depending on the stage of disease and other factors specific to each patient. Treatment should be continued at the high dose as long as necessary while disease is present to destroy cancer cells, viruses, bacteria and other pathogens in the body, depending on each patient's situation.

Activating macrophages with High Dose GcMAF is an important part of any treatment program, which can be used alone or in combination with any other therapies. GcMAF works especially well in synergy with targeted therapies which don't harm the immune system. Second Generation GcMAF has the advantage of having no side effects so treatment should be continued as long as necessary while disease is present. This is a significant advantage over many conventional therapies which have cumulative toxicity that limits their use.

The goals of GcMAF therapy are to:

1) Improve well-being and quality of life (QOL)
2) Return the patient to good health so that they are able to participate in regular lifestyle activities
3) Achieve long term survival
4) Enhance the effect of other therapies
5) Repair the immune system
6) Increase the number of macrophages and activate them to destroy cancer cells, viruses, bacteria and other pathogens in the body
7) Increase the rate of maturation of dendritic cells (DCs)

We now also have Saisei Mirai oral Colostrum GcMAF in special Enteric capsules manufactured in a GMP facility in Japan. We recommend daily oral GcMAF in combination with GcMAF injections for cancer patients and treating many kinds of other diseases such as infectious diseases and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS).

* Colostrum GcMAF is taken orally (in an Enteric acid-resistant capsule) and sublingually as a powder by opening the capsule and putting the contents in the mouth for about 15-20 minutes for maximum effect.

* Activating macrophages in different places in the body, both orally and injected, is important for more complete effect all over the body and to treat a greater range of common symptoms.

* According to our activity experiments, 1 capsule of Oral Colostrum GcMAF is equivalent to approximately 100ng first generation GcMAF.

Commonly observed clinical effects of oral Colostrum GcMAF:

- Improved sleep, more energy and general wellbeing; reduced fatigue
- Improved digestion and bladder control; reduced frequency of nocturnal urination (nocturia)
- Improved hair regrowth after chemotherapy and reduced hair loss due to natural ageing
- Improved skin condition, reduced allergies and atopy symptoms
- Improved control or eradication of infectious diseases such as virus, bacteria and other pathogens

Please refer to our website page "Tests of Second Generation GcMAF" for activity tests of GcMAF and oral Colostrum MAF and our "Frequently asked questions (FAQ)" page for more information on all administration methods and general questions. Links can be found in the right side column from the main GcMAF section.

Second Generation GcMAF should be stored refrigerated for multi-dose use and will stay fully active for over 1 year. Stability tests indicate that 2nd Generation GcMAF is very temperature stable and retains maximum activity even after 4 weeks at room temperature and 1 week at 40 °C (104 °F). Shipping will not affect the activity of the product. Please refer to our Stability of GcMAF experiment report on our website for laboratory data.

Below are details about pricing and payment:

High Dose GcMAF 2.5ml multi-dose vials (1500ng/0.5ml):

4 vials x 2.5ml GcMAF (1500ng/0.5ml) 16 doses -- 201,000 JPY *
6 vials x 2.5ml GcMAF (1500ng/0.5ml) 24 doses -- 297,000 JPY *
8 vials x 2.5ml GcMAF (1500ng/0.5ml) 32 doses -- 393,000 JPY *
10 vials x 2.5ml GcMAF (1500ng/0.5ml) 40 doses -- 489,000 JPY *
12 vials x 2.5ml GcMAF (1500ng/0.5ml) 48 doses -- 585,000 JPY *

* Price includes 9000 JPY for shipping and handling by EMS express mail.
* Each multi-dose vial contains at least 4 doses GcMAF at 0.5ml/dose with 0.5ml extra GcMAF per vial.
* Keep vials refrigerated at 2-8 °C.

We can also produce very high activity GcMAF from a family member or friend’s blood sample. For cancer patients, even their own blood sample can be used if their general condition is good especially prior to conventional therapies such as chemotherapy.

12 vials x 2.5ml GcMAF (1500ng/0.5ml) 48 doses -- 489,000 JPY (discounted) **
24 vials x 2.5ml GcMAF (1500ng/0.5ml) 96 doses -- 969,000 JPY (discounted) **

** GcMAF produced from blood sample provided by person visiting our clinic in Japan. Allow 4 days production time.

Oral Colostrum GcMAF in Enteric capsules (daily oral and sublingual administration):

2 months (4 bottles, 120 capsules) -- 62,000 JPY *
3 months (6 bottles, 180 capsules) -- 92,000 JPY *
4 months (8 bottles, 240 capsules) -- 122,000 JPY *
5 months (10 bottles, 300 capsules) -- 152,000 JPY *
6 months (12 bottles, 360 capsules) -- 182,000 JPY *

* If you wish to order both types of GcMAF, simply add the cost together.

Payment is by international bank transfer (telegraphic transfer). Our GcMAF is priced in Japanese Yen (JPY), so you'll need to ask your bank to calculate the exchange rate when you wire the payment because the rate may vary from day to day. To estimate the cost it is possible to use an online currency converter such as OANDA or XE Currency Converter to check the current exchange rate. You can find these by searching for "currency converter" on the internet. Please note, the official rate will be different from the rate that your bank uses. For example, using OANDA to calculate the amount in another currency, select +2% for INTERBANK and find the amount displayed next to Buying JPY. If you are unable to wire payment in JPY, please let us know so that we can confirm the amount in another currency.

When you are ready, simply make your wire transfer (see details below) for the quantity you wish to order. You may need assistance from your bank or it may be possible using your bank's internet banking system. Once you have made your transfer, please let us know the details, such as the name of the account, the bank and date of transfer, so that we can identify you from your wire and what treatments and amounts you are ordering. You may also be able to include extra identifying information in the remarks field on the transfer. Please allow 2-3 business days for us to receive payments. After we receive your payment, we will start preparing your order and schedule your package for shipping as soon as possible on a suitable shipping day.

Wire transfer details:

Beneficiary: Imagin-K Co. Ltd
Beneficiary address:
3-34-8 Okubo-cho, Moriguchi-shi, Osaka 570-0012, Japan
Name of bank:
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Neyagawa Branch
Bank Address:
16-14 Hayako-cho, Neyagawa-shi, Osaka 572-0837, Japan
Account number: 7038812
SWIFT: SMBCJPJT (or BIC: SMBCJPJTXXX)

* Note: International Bank Account Number (IBAN) is not used in Japan.
* Internet banking: Some websites don't allow a dash to be included in the postal code, so if necessary, the dash may be omitted so that the post code/ZIP code becomes one number (e.g., 570-0012 becomes 5700012).

Please ensure we have all your shipping details correct when you order, including your full name, shipping address and a contact telephone number for the package.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kind regards, Martin
Last edited by Merlyn on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymoose
Family Elder

Post by Anonymoose »

Hi merlyn,

I hope you will share your response to gcmaf. I'm rrms and have been pursuing treatment for multiple possible infectious causes (undiagnosed as many are stealth infections and mainstream med isn't really up for the challenge of identifying and treating such infections). I've had great success targeting ebv and some truly bizarre reactions to treating Lyme and coinfections with herbals (too early to tell if any good will come of it). I really think infections are at the root of ms and think gcmaf has potential.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Unfortunately, I am not in the position to try this stuff. Also, my doctor has decided to stop working with it. There are a bunch of dead doctors they were using the stuff and considering that they have closed all the clinics in Europe and gone after Dr. Noates in the Guernsey islands etc. etc. it seems that the medical establishment, the medical Mafia is not going to allow this on the market and I assume the reason they're not going to allow it, is that it works. But for me the price is undoable. And I think the next thing I'm going to try is a probiotic that produces glutathione in the gut…

http://suzycohen.com/articles/me3_gluta ... fermentum/

I am thinking also about trying the Bravo Probiotics that produce GcMAF… But it's about $300 for 13 L… There are some good testimonials about it. And I think it's safer, given the medical Mafia.
Anonymoose
Family Elder

Post by Anonymoose »

Well googling that took me down an interesting path. Don't quite know what to think about all that...

For those interested in conspiracy theories have a little Google about this.
DrGeoff
Family Elder

Post by DrGeoff »

Merlyn wrote
Unfortunately, I am not in the position to try this stuff. Also, my doctor has decided to stop working with it. There are a bunch of dead doctors they were using the stuff and considering that they have closed all the clinics in Europe and gone after Dr. Noates in the Guernsey islands etc. etc. it seems that the medical establishment, the medical Mafia is not going to allow this on the market and I assume the reason they're not going to allow it, is that it works.
This looks like another case of the Conspiracy Theorists sweeping the facts under the carpet and replacing them with "facts".
There is no such thing as "the Guernsey Islands". Guernsey is an island in the Channel Islands (des Isles Anglo-Normand in French). It has its own government.
It was the citizens of Guernsey who went after David Noakes, primarily because he thought he could ignore the law in that island.
David Noakes is a one-time IT consultant who had a spectacular failure in the leadership election for a fringe political party in the UK about 10 years ago.
He is reputed to own several companies, but is certainly the CEO of Immuno Biotec in Guernsey.
He claims that he went to Guernsey thinking it would be easier to run formal medical trials there, but neglected to get the neccessary permit.
It should be noted, however, that Guernsey is financially independent of the UK and has a lower company and individual tax rate, and is seen as a tax haven.
You may find this page of interest:
http://guernseypress.com/tag/david-noakes/
as it includes a statement that the product he claims is unique is licenced for use in Germany. And this one:
http://guernseypress.com/news/2015/05/0 ... w-bust-up/
which includes a statement that the Guernsey Health and Social Sciences Depertment (HSSD) told Noakes that he would be permitted to run trials provided he obtained the required permits and satisfied the ethical criteria.
Geoff
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

http://www.globalresearch.ca/cancer-and ... da/5465809

I don't expect to convince you of anything… It's too surrealistic…
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

https://gcmaf.se/

https://gcmaf.se/

There are 180 eminent scientists who have published GcMAF research papers on the US National Library of Medicine alone.

It's not just David Noakes, do some research…
DrGeoff
Family Elder

Post by DrGeoff »

Merlyn, I don't quite understand your comment:
"It's not just David Noakes, do some research…"
My post was addressing the alleged treatment of David Noakes - it was not about GcMAF with regard to which I retain an open mind.

Perhaps you would care to do a little research on David Noakes, and on Immuno Biotec, their affiliate First Immune, and then explain why the link that you posted twice "https://gcmaf.se/" and why that website features First Immune for France, Germany, Italy and Sweden, and why none of these apparent organizations will offer a conventional postal address.

Personally, for an unlicenced treatment, I will stick to Biotin for the time being.
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

Discussions on a sister forum of ours - Phoenix Rising (CFS/ME). Not suggesting this adds credibility to the product :).

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.ph ... node%5D=80

PN
Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Hayes inspired Calcitriol+D3 2013-2014
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
DrG B12 Transdermal Spray 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
Low-Dose Immunotherapy 2015-16
My Current Regimen http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens-f22/topic25634.html