Interesting article on green tea

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Chris55
Family Elder

Interesting article on green tea

Post by Chris55 »

(National-NBC) January 2, 2007 - A compound found in every cell in the body may become a new tool for treating stroke. A study of rats that suffered a stroke found that once blood flow was restored to the brain, giving the rats the compound NAD decreased brain cell death by about 80 percent.

NAD is involved in cell repair and can become depleted after a stroke.

Another study showed a compound in green tea could also reduce brain damage after a stroke, although more studies are needed before it can be applied to humans.
---------------------
My point in posting this is yet another "natural" substance found to provide real help! (Well, yeah, it has to be "studied further"--as always!)
REDHAIRANDTEMPER
Family Elder

Post by REDHAIRANDTEMPER »

woohoo i love green tea..good to know something i am drinking is doing me some sort of good

chris
waiting for answers
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

G T FYI

Post by jimmylegs »

heya chris(es) i have read a study which found 2 cups or less per day was not so effective, 3 plus cups per day had beneficial health effects. just fyi. think i may have posted the abstract or ref elsewhere in the forums here.