Glutathione - Role in MS

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Glutathione - Role in MS

Postby Abe » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:50 pm

Can some body please explain the role of Glutathione in MS and what should be taken or done to rectify any problems?

Thanks, I'm normally really good at researching, but I'm absolutely shattered this week!

Abe
Last edited by Abe on Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abe
Family Member

Advertisement

Postby daisy » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:26 pm

Abe,

There is a lot of information out there about glutathione and autoimmune diseases. One of the clearest discreptions of it's function that I have found is on a site relative to Chronic Fatigue (CFS) but the gist of it would also apply to MS.

The article in the link below covers what gluathione is and it's roles, things that cause glutathione depletion, consequences of glutathione depletion on your immune system, potential ways to improve your glutathione...

Here's the link

http://www.personalconsult.com/articles ... tigue.html

Hope this helps.

Daisy
daisy
Family Member

Postby DIM » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:20 am

The amino acid N-acetyl-cysteine is a glutahione precursor with great bioavailability and protects also from Chlamydia pneumoniae bacterial!
DIM
Family Elder

Re: Glutathione

Postby CureOrBust » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:54 pm

CathyL wrote:The patch increases glutathione level by up to 300% in 24 hrs. ... I have to agree.
Have you had your personal levels tested by your doctor?
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Postby Cojack » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:50 pm

In answer to the original post...

There's a good book by dr bill code, an anesthesiologist who has MS...claims that whey protein isolate is the best way to boost your glut. you might want to give it a read. Also, kathy...did you have your GSH tested???

jack
Cojack
Family Member

Re: Glutathione - Role in MS

Postby TaraE » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:30 pm

bump...I've been using Immunocal to modulate glutathione production for 4 years and have had great success (whey protein isolate that was mentioned by Cojack). I don't understand why is this not being talked about more. So many studies showing GSH depletion in MS patients. No more toxic, expensive meds for me; 13 horrible years was enough.
TaraE

Return to General Discussion