More pain

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
MrsGeorge
Family Elder

More pain

Post by MrsGeorge »

Sorry to be posting more moans / problems.

I saw my GP last week who has prescribed me some painkillers for the pain I was talking about a couple of weeks ago, the painkillers don't make it go away but they do take the edge off!

Last night I started getting a different kind of pain. It started in my middriff / lower chest and was like a squeezing pain that went around my left hand side to my back. Kind of like a band of pain. I have no idea what it was but it lasted pretty much all night - getting less bad though. I hardly slept because every time I moved it got worse and woke me up! I saw my doc this morning and she just gave me more painkillers as she didn't know why. I hadn't injured myself it just came on.

It's pretty much gone now. I have no idea what it was or what caused it, if it's MS related or otherwise, but I am really starting to hate my body!

Anybody heard of this?
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artifishual
Family Elder

ms hug

Post by Artifishual »

Been there done that.
Yes mine started with numbness in my feet then legs and then jumped to my waistline and up my entire torso(sp). It was my first and secound flare up. Both were traeted with solumedrol. It was like some had tied a sheet around my waist and chest then started tighting it. Every muscle in my upper body felt contracted. Very uncomfortable. I hope this is not the case for you. Goodluck
AllyB
Family Elder

Post by AllyB »

Hi there

Obviously can't diagnose but based on personal experience, it sounds like ms hug to me - during a relapse last year, my rt arm went numb, then my entire body from chest down (plus other symptoms). I remember the chest thing being so unpleasant that even leaning back against pillows was horrible - anything touching chest, abdomen, back made me so uncomfortable and the pain was bad from spasms. This eventually disappeared, and some symptoms remain. I have since had it return during an exacerbation - regular pain killers don't help - maybe ask for something for neuropathic pain from your doctor and try that - even for your other ms related pain - either neurontin or similar for neuropathic pain or baclofen or similar for muscle spasms.

Hope you keeping well.
Take care
Al