CRABS- the drugs not the bugs

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
AllyB
Family Elder

Post by AllyB »

Hi Robbie

Another mainstream medication that is sometimes prescribed for those who battle to pass urine is Flowmax - the correct indication is for blokes who have an enlarged prostate - it is supposed to help allow them to pass urine - my neuro gave me a try with it because I have issues emptying my bladder (lots of pushing & takes a VERY long time), but it didn't do anything for me (I know Lew also tried it with no result) - but I think we have a different problem to yours, in that we can feel the need to go, but the sphincter in the bladder doesn't open correctly in time with the bladder wall spasm, so the bladder doesn't empty properly...
Good luck with the prostate exam - maybe it would be a good thing if it was your prostate, at least they can have a go at fixing that! Ask about the Flowmax, it won't hurt to ask.

'bye for now
Al
missvicki
Family Member

Post by missvicki »

Robbie, this sucks...I'm so sorry for you.

Have you ever considered acupuncture? I've been doing it for about a month now and my constipation is gone! So far, I'm sold on it!

Speaking of cranberry juice, has anyone ever tried Mangosteen juice?

Robbie, good luck!
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Biofeedback for urination problems

Post by lyndacarol »

Robbie, I wish I had the perfect answer for you, but I can only offer another suggestion to discuss with your urologist: a friend with MS and bladder problems tried sessions (I don't know how many) of biofeedback at her urologist's office. She thought it helped her.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

robbie. how are you doing? interesting update: if u have not already, check out artifishual's 'sleep problems' thread, in daily life.
Artifishual
Family Elder

Post by Artifishual »

Yeah , rob there is some funny stuff going on down in the old highjacked thread. LOL
Also some very good info courtesy of JL aka Homeskillet
Really hope all is well Roobie :)