You've probably heard it but.....

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
MrsGeorge
Family Elder

You've probably heard it but.....

Post by MrsGeorge »

I finally am making some progress and just had a great telephone call with a neuro-physiotherapist who has told me that doing stuff like Pilates and working with a gym ball will improve my core stability and will make life easier if/when I have another relapse.

Thought I'd share it in case it hadn't been heard before. It's news to me!
Nenu
Family Elder

Post by Nenu »

That's awesome to hear! :)
Dx RRMS March 5, 2008.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

good stuff mrsG ... i should probably dust off some of my inside gear... ugh i'm so lazy at stretching and floor exercise!
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

This is interesting indeed.

I have "bounced back" from many relapses, some pretty severe, and have surprised everyone.
When I'm in the gym and forced to do certain exercises that force me to rely on muscles soley in legs, then I shock everyone with my weakness.
It seems I am swimming using only my arms, despite legs thrashing around they are actually propelling me backwards.
And I've an incredibly strong core muscle set, due to years of digging on archaeological digs from 15-25 years, then cycling, tai chi, yoga, aikido etc. Despite not being in shape now, my core muscles are compensating for loss of power to leg and arm on right side, so I totally agree with this neuro-physio. Spot on!
dg980
Getting to Know You...

Post by dg980 »

where can I find a nero-psy?
MrsGeorge
Family Elder

Post by MrsGeorge »

I'm in England & my neuro referred me. I'm not sure if you'd have to ask for a referral in the States / elsewhere!

She was really great, she was also telling me about different braces that they can give me if my foot starts dropping / dragging again - bit late now but good to know for next time!

(ooh, I finally feel like I have contributed something rather than reading everyone elses posts & not understanding half of them anyways :lol: )