my only pain is in my neck. my neuro says my neck is "ratty for someone my age"
nutritional recommendations are all over the place! i like the third one best.
Pain & Nutrition
http://www.virtualrespiratorycentre.com ... id=27&lif=
Components of the Diet Linked to Pain
-Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids
-Glucosamine and Chondroitin
Pain & Nutrition
Nutrition plays a very important part in various causes of pain (cancer and non-cancer pain, headache, arthritis, rheumatic disease, osteoarthritis and obesity, gout, Paget’s disease, myofascial pain syndrome, neuropathic and various painful neuropathies, painful chronic visceral disease and many others) all can benefit from various, alteration in diet or nutrition. For most painful condition I recommend vitamin C and E as well as high B complex together with a good multivitamin with minerals formula.
Chronic Pain and Nutrition
http://www.eorthopod.com/public/patient ... ition.html
What To Do
* Lose excess fat
* Eat two or more cups of fresh vegetables daily
* Avoid sweets and reduce starchy foods
* Increase clean, lean meat, poultry, fish, and eggs
* Use olive oil and snack on fresh fruit, nuts, and seeds
* Avoid artificial colorings, preservatives, hormones, antibiotics, and herbicide and pesticide residues in your food
* Take a good quality multiple vitamin/mineral supplement every day
* Think about other specific nutraceuticals for your own specific needs
What nutritional supplements should I consider?
* Vitamin D (cholecalciferol): New research shows a big increase in the number of people in the United States who don’t have enough Vitamin D. Low levels of Vitamin D are especially likely in people with chronic musculoskeletal pain, limb pain, and low-back pain.
* Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3. It was first shown to be highly effective in the treatment of osteoarthritis more than 50 years ago. A recent well-designed study found that niacinamide therapy improved joint mobility. It also reduced objective inflammation.
* MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)
* Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate