Leg compression might help RLS

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Leg compression might help RLS

Postby Frank » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:57 am

Treatment: Gilenya since 01/2011, CCSVI both IJV ballooned 09/2010, Tysabri stopped after 24 Infusions and positive JCV antibody test, after LDN, ABX Wheldon Regime for 1 year.
Frank
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Dixie_Amazon » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:44 am

One of my sleep disorders is my husband. :roll: I have got to show him this although I don't know if I can convince him to wear stockings. :P
Dennise

In diagnosis limbo.
Dixie_Amazon
Getting to Know You...

Postby cheerleader » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:52 pm

Well, this is interesting, Frank. I assumed my hubby's night time spazzy legs were due to his neurological damage. Looks like it could be due to venous insufficiency-

A recent study of the occurrence of Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) in patients evaluated in a phlebology practice, suggests that RLS appears to be a clinical syndrome that commonly overlaps in patients with venous insufficiency and chronic venous disorder (CVD).

link

And I'm no longer shy in saying- I think chronic venous disorder of the jugular and azygous veins is implicated in MS...
AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
cheerleader
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:12 pm

cheer i ran across something very specific about rls and potassium. it had a very clear description of the night cramps, which really reminded me of you and jeff. it would make sense if jeff's cramps were helped by magnesium and had a potassium connection too. i will see if i can find that study again.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby jimmylegs » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:44 pm

cheer just ran across a good link between mag and potassium. more detail than what i got in convo with the pharmacist the other year :S lol have to read it when it's not the middle of the night and figure out what we can take home :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Return to General Discussion