PLEASE HELP I IAM SO SCARED

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
71jules
Family Elder

Post by 71jules »

:) Thank you so so much for your wishes.
Hugs
Jules
Hugs to every single one of you I have and will meet on this site. Whether I end up with a diagnosis or not it will have been a pleasure knowing you all via this site. Take care now and forever. :) <3
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Hi sweet Jules,

Catching up on my Tims reading like I said. Glad you are keeping that diary, it will help to write it all down. Which may also help you to distinguish why something happens and when it happens. It' kind of like a food diary to see if something you eat is making you sick.

Talk to the GP about the Spinal Tap, that could be the turning point in your "Yes or No" diagnosis. Everybody is different but we all understand.

It's OK to vent - :? :oops: :cry: :( :x :roll: :cry: :oops: :x 8O :? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

HUGS!!

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
71jules
Family Elder

Post by 71jules »

Jules was in a serious car crash yesterday. She will be okay and will answer any responses when she can.
Hugs to every single one of you I have and will meet on this site. Whether I end up with a diagnosis or not it will have been a pleasure knowing you all via this site. Take care now and forever. :) <3
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Jewels, 8O Just checked your FB, too. Sending healing thoughts to you. Please check in when you can. Know we're thinking of you.
LoveActually
Family Elder

Post by LoveActually »

Oh my! Jules, sending you tons of well wishes.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Can someone tell me her name on FB so I can add her?
October 29, 2009 - Dx with RRMS
June 22, 2010 - Dx's changed to Devic's (NMO)
January 4, 2011 - Dx w/Syringomyelia T4-T9, Migraines, and Possible MS (again - long story)
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Poor Jules, A car crash:( boy she didn't need that added to her problems.
I would also like to add her on FB.
Hope you get better soon Jules, thinking of you xx
MrsGeorge
Family Elder

Post by MrsGeorge »

That's awful. I hope that you get well soon. Praying for you.
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Hey sweet Jules!!

You are in my thoughts and prayers! We are sending you healing HUGS all across the world.

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
71jules
Family Elder

Post by 71jules »

Hi there still making a slow recovery but believe me how I survived the crash we don't know.
After the crash for over a week I had great difficulty walking as I have had before but could the shock of the accident produce MS symptoms?
Thanking you,
Hugs Jules
xoxo
71jules
Family Elder

Post by 71jules »

:wink: Thank you for all wishes and prayers.
Hugs
Jules xo
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Jewels!! You're back!! So good to see you. :D :D :D :D
MrsGeorge
Family Elder

Post by MrsGeorge »

Good to see you back. Stress can exacerbate symptoms but something as huge as that is bound to impact you!

Hope you are on the mend.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

So pleased you are back Jules, see you over on FB on FV:)

L
Johooper

Post by Johooper »

Hi Jules

I am new to this site and have just read your threads with interest as I too am from Australia (although originally UK).

I work at the hospital near me alongside the Neurology dept and having this inside info can be of great help, it certainly was for my dx but not how you would think LOL. (MS hadn't even crossed my mind).

I think the 2nd Neuro was very rude. The 1st Neuro seems to be the one to stick with as she hasnt brushed you off and has still got you on her books for follow up. She obviously thinks something is going on and is willing to keep an eye on it. When you see her next time just mention in casual manner how much more at ease you would be if you could have a follow up MRI.

I do know that here in Australia the neuro's have to follow strict guidelines in order to 1. DX and 2. prescribe DMDs. They have to phone Canberra for clearance with the exact criteria you have and have to write the clearance number on the script. You are not fitting into that criteria yet and hopefully never will. These drugs are very expensive and its more than the neuro's job is worth to prescribe them to someone who does not meet the criteria.

The trick is to know how to treat the doctors, if they think you have been googling all your symptoms and come up with this huge list and you say well on the internet............etc they will immediately go into hypochondriac mode. You need to stay calm, not get angry and not diss the last neuro you saw. Play dumb basically. I don't mean you cant get upset or ask questions, its all about the wording and the presentation. Above all of this though its always good to remember that sometimes they just don't know.

If you do see another one and you dont get the answers you are seeking I would definitely think about taking a step back from your search and let things happen on there own. You know a bit like someone trying to get pregnant, the more they try the less likely they will.

I hope things get sorted for you soon nothing worse than the not knowing.

Jo
71jules
Family Elder

Post by 71jules »

Thank you for all your warm wishes, re the crash.
Still can't believe I almost died in my dear hubbies arms.
I will stay strong.
Jules
xo

PS Needled I am missing you on FB.
Jewels
xo

Return to “General Discussion”