MS could be linked to Vaccination

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
D

Post by D »

There has to be a link because right after, talkshow Montel Williams had his vaccination while in the military, her went blind. After a short period, he recovered his sight. Have any of you experienced this?
Alicia
Family Member

Post by Alicia »

Hello!

I was dx with MS 3 mo after giving birth to my first child. Before I got pregnant with this child my doctor encouraged me to get a MMR vaccine. I have always wondered if the combination of me getting pregnant within 3 months after having this vaccine or just the vaccine by itself contributed to the development of my MS.

Alicia
kspackrat
Getting to Know You...

PG and MS more than vacc... in reply to Alicia :)

Post by kspackrat »

Post PG is a time for MS to show itself, I can look back after my first PG and see little things that were written off as other things. My first major and life changing attack started and gradually got worse after the birth of my second child. I have my own theories on this...
After my first child I used the Depo shot for BC because you could use it while breast feeding. Depo stops ovulation and makes your body think it is PG again, which could be why I did not have a major attack after that birth. Breastfeeding did not work out for long with my first. Depo and I did not get along well and it took apporx. 15 months off it it to get PG again so I did not use it after my second son was born.

With my second son BFing went well and I did not start having problems till he was weening off. The less he nursed the worse I got until I was in a major attack and ended up in the hosp. and got the diagnosis of probable MS.

Due to a medication I was trying for fatigue blocking the effects of the pill I had to go back on Depo. I was on it for about 9 months. I felt better MS wise but the side effect of the shot were more than I could stand and I stopped it. I had a great summer this past year as well as a few month before....Then I suddenly had a pretty good attack that I am still recovering from. Timing it out I would say that the Depo was finally out of my system. I bounced this idea off my Neuro. when we were discussing how I had been doing so good and suddenly started having problems. This past summer was mild that helped too I am sure.

I have not yet decided if I am going to try the Depo again if I continue to have more attacks. It is tempting on the one hand, but on the other I really do hope that is not the case because I really do not get along with the sideeffects of that shot. I am a witch for one thing, lol.
Monica