itchy scalp! and no its not dandruff...

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Meegs
Family Member

itchy scalp! and no its not dandruff...

Post by Meegs »

hey everyone...

for the last 2 weeks i've been getting random episodes of severe itching on my head. It's not like my skin is itchy, its like the layer underneath my skin is itchy... like little ants are under there or something.

It only lasts for 5-10 min then its gone. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
scotty
Family Member

Post by scotty »

Hi Meegs,

I have been experiencing the same thing for about a month now. It will just come all of a sudden. I especially noticed it at night when going to bed. I am not diagnosed with MS but every test that i have had done comes back clear and to me i have many of the symptoms. So i am not sure if it may be related or not.

Scotty
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

I have the head itch for several years. It is the craziest feeling and sometimes so uncomfortable. It comes and goes but never goes away completely.

:roll:

CF
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

i only had the phantom itch on my arms and it turned out my folic acid was high - 2170. i switched my b-complex to one with less b9 and the itch went away. don't know if this might be applicable in your case.
pinpricks
Family Member

Post by pinpricks »

I'm not diagnosed with MS but ...
I have this thing for 8 months now.
It's a prickly feeling + tingling. My problems started in my scalp like this.
I have this feeling also on legs and face.
When i awake it's almost not there.
I tried B complex ... nothing.

Return to “General Discussion”