numbness

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
hlm286
Family Elder

numbness

Post by hlm286 »

My left hand, back and abdomen are very numb, sometimes it feels like burning. I'm wondering if that's how others feel numbness and if the burning sensation is a sign of it going away. How does your numbness go away? Gradually and almost unnoticeably slow, or suddenly? I'm hoping mine will go away soon but it's hard to tell it's so slow. At first I couldn't tell if a pin was sharp or dull on my torso, now I can feel the sharpness but it still feels very numb inside and stiff. My hand feels like it's fallen asleep very strongly and I haven't noticed a difference in it as much. It's been a week today since I finished 3 days of IV steroids. What do you think?
scoobyjude
Family Elder

Post by scoobyjude »

I had 7 days of iv steroids and then 14 days of oral and it still took a good 2 months for my numbness to completely go away. It was pretty slow for me and while I was on the steroids, I was more stiff than numb. Sometimes it seemed like it was going, then it would come back. Just be patient. I know it's hard but it'll get better.
Judie

Return to “General Discussion”