why I have hope

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

why I have hope

Postby scorpion » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:36 am

I was surfing the internet and came across an article that discussed an upcoming vaccine that may reverse the effects of heart disease. Initially I was skeptical but the more I researched it the more I realized that very legitimate journals have covered this story and claimed that there is a real possibility that in the upcoming years we will receive a vaccine for heart disease in the same way we are vaccinated against smallpox. I guess I spend so much time looking online searching for MS research breakthroughs that I miss other amazing discoveries in other areas, in this case cardiovascular. Wow! Who would have thought a vaccine to cure/prevent heart disease was even a possibility 20 years ago!! I am convinced there will be a vaccine that halts and maybe even cures MS in the future. Will it benefit me? Honestly I hope BUT if it does not everyone can be sure that I will die happy knowing this SOB disease will no longer be a burden in people's lives. With the cutting edge research occurring in the fields of regenerative medicine, stem cells, and the recent news that scientists MAY have found a "cure"(GIFT15) for MS I believe we will be having one hell of a party sooner rather then later but who knows. Ok, enough rambling. Time to grab a beer and start the celebration early.
scorpion
Family Elder

Advertisement

Re: why I have hope

Postby Lyon » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:24 pm

Last edited by Lyon on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder

Postby ElMarino » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:12 pm

Of course there'll be a cure!

Many, many people are dedicated to finding one. (The kind of people who'll attend this conference <shortened url>)

Only today another tiny, seemingly insignificant, discovery is reported - http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 162322.htm

But one day soon, they'll report a much more significant find, you bet your life they will!
ElMarino
Family Elder

Postby carolew » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:05 pm

I love your attitude Scorpion, Carole
carolew
Family Elder

Postby indigoinmotion » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:34 am

This site and its members makes me feel better all of the time. I really needed to read these positive thoughts after having yet another miserable, depressing visit to the neurologist.
indigoinmotion
Family Member

Postby zap » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:19 am

ElMarino wrote:Of course there'll be a cure!

Many, many people are dedicated to finding one. (The kind of people who'll attend this conference <shortened url>)

Personally, I find a lot of hope from this conference:

http://www.fondazionehilarescere.org/pd ... RE-PRG.pdf
zap
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion