Cervical cancer vaccine Gardasil possibly linked to MS episo

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
MSUK
Family Elder

Cervical cancer vaccine Gardasil possibly linked to MS episo

Post by MSUK »

THE cervical cancer vaccine Gardasil has triggered multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms in some girls after being inoculated.

Doctors said the victims were either teenagers or women in their early 20s who may have been predisposed to MS or who had a prior history of symptoms.

St Vincent's Hospital neurologist Dr Ian Sutton reported five cases in a journal article in January. Another five have since emerged..........

More - http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... ageid=1329
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

I am convinced that my last flu vaccine led to be getting diagnosed with MS. Before the vaccine my MS was so benign it didn't show up on any scans and all tests were negative so I was told I had CFS. About 2 months after the vaccine, I had a massive vertigo attack and then went on to have 4 relapses that year which led to my MS diagnosis.

I don't think vaccines cause MS but I do think that if your Blood brain barrier is comprimised the vaccine has a negative effect.
Summer55
Getting to Know You...

Post by Summer55 »

Both me and my Father have MS. So, it's probably pretty fair to say that I was predisposed to it. I showed my first symptoms just over a year ago - Optic Neuritis. Is it a coincidence that it happened just a few weeks after getting the flu shot? I guess I'll never know for sure.

But, immunizations trigger the immune system to become very active. It seems pretty logical that it could trigger the immune response that is MS - for someone who was predisposed to it already.

I will not be getting any more flu shots but will be getting some vaccinations to go travelling to Indonesia in the Spring. I'm a little nervous about getting them but realize that the risk is too high to take the chance.

I've done some research and in one study, 5% of RRMS patients had a relapse within 3 months of a vaccination.

However, as part of the same study, 33% of RRMS patients had a relapse within 6 weeks of getting the flu.

So.... vaccinations must be a personal choice of each individual. However, the unfortunate part, is that in the vast majority of cases, people are not aware - or informed - of the potential risks involved to the Central Nervous System.
AngelaO

Post by AngelaO »

I heard a couple cases of it being tied to ALS too... Scary