Random Thoughts for the Day

A board where people can laugh about their day to day experiences with MS, to combat some of the stress that goes with this illness.
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Random Thoughts for the Day

Post by euphoniaa »

Random Thoughts for the Day:

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this...ever !

15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer - drop the phone and run away?

16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste of make-up and effort.

17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

18. My 4-year old son asked me in the car the other day "Mom, what would happen if you ran over a ninja?" How the hell do I respond to that?

19. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

20. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller, Budweiser or Jack Daniels than Kay.
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
ariehs
Family Member

Post by ariehs »

Responses:

1. Agreed! A few other chores, too, though. We should all make lists for our friends of things to discreetly take care of before our families have to.

2. I'M NEVER WRONG!!! except when I am... and that sucks.

3. I disagree. I may be more tired these days, but I still insist that I'll sleep when they put a stake through my heart. Until then I want consciousness!

4. A great idea!

5. Carefully? I never managed that, myself.

6. Probably not, but it's fun to show off if you do it well.

7. Ditto, except when I am starting somewhere strange... or have just moved.

8. or how they *really* lived.

9. Me neither, excluding artificial stimulants.

10. Hehehehehe

11. I find that that point comes earlier and earlier the longer you stay at a given job. That's why I refuse to work in an office for more than a few weeks at a time. It's a shame I had to give up working on that horse-farm.

12. I'm ignoring blu-ray, too, so I agree.

13. *shudder*

14. It also means I won't purchase or wear.

15. I think they must be doing something much more violent than that. I'm not sure I want to know. Truth is often so disappointing.

16. Hrm... I like feeling good. I don't need do anything when I feel good - there are things I do TO feel good, but the reverse seems... counter-intuitive.

17. My secret is out. Damn.

18. By introducing your son to Dr. McNinja

19. It doesn't have one? I agree, it should be there. Maybe it got lost?

20. Hehehe - you're probably right.

Thanks! That was fun!