intro

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
odettesmom
Getting to Know You...

intro

Post by odettesmom »

began falling down often last summer. wound up in hospital over the holidays this past year. neuros i was seeing then refused to go beyond proving i did/didn't have seizures. went to philly doc at jefferson hospital, who did appropriate testing for ms. been on copaxone since june. ms mostly knocks the right leg literally out from under me. using a cane to improve balance. look forward to increasing my knowledge/understanding via this site.

linda
Katman
Family Elder

welcome. Linda

Post by Katman »

Dear Linda

Welcome aboard You have come to the right place. Please examine Regimens, General Discussion, and Antibiotics in particular. We think we are on to something. All of the divisions are interesting and I don't think you will find a more informative, UNBIASED board anywhere else.

Katman.
2010 5 years 4 months Now on Amoxicillin, Doxy, Rifampin, Azith, and caffeine in addition to  flagyl. 90% normal good days-50% normal bad days. That is a good thing.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Hi there, welcome to the site!
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
odettesmom
Getting to Know You...

statins

Post by odettesmom »

already owe you for introducing me to the use of statins. have had high cholesterol lifelong, but didn't want lipitor due to side effect. called my neuro and he said there is a great deal of interest in the use of statins w/ms, but best if my chol. is high. so call in to gp to get cholesterol test and have her coordinate w/neuro as far as adding this to my daily handful of pills. already on copaxon inject and have had steroid drip and a round of oral. want to avoid them again. they work well, but coming off is pure hell.
jaycee
Family Member

Post by jaycee »

I have had a round of oral pred but never the IV. I may end up doing that soon. Is coming off the IV as hard as coming off the oral?
odettesmom
Getting to Know You...

Post by odettesmom »

had the drip for 3 days and 5 days. was nowhere as bad as coming off the oral. felt that as soon as tapering dose just half way. the iv is easy...they put a port in your wrist and you just hook up this lime green tennis ball for an hour's drip. trouble is port only works for 3 days at most, and i had to have another port opened for the last couple when on 5-day drip. also seems the drip doesn't last as long as the oral. drip gave me immediate relief from pain, but only lasted about a week or so. hope you get better results.
linda