Hi, Could We All Introduce Ourselves on this thread?

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
skyewriter

Post by skyewriter »

Vidalia! Get thee to a support group! (But only if it's an upbeat group; some can be pitty parties!)

And the best way to handle this (in my opinion) it to TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY! You're gonna need support some day and your friends and family will NOT appreciate your keeping them in the dark.

Ask your neuro if you could try Copaxone -- it's side effects are a lot less than Avonex. And try to get on low dose naltrexone, if you think it might be a benefit. It's really helped me over the past three weeks!

Take care of yourself! And God bless your son in Iraq!

Martha
Wherever you go, there you are!
ewizabeth
Family Elder

Post by ewizabeth »

Hi Everybody,

I'm known online as Ewizabeth at several websites. I'm married for 26 years, we have two sons, 23 & 25.

I work full time, four 10.5 hour days per week. I'm going to online college fulltime also, to finish my BSBA degree, should be finished in one year.

I was diagnosed with RRMS in January 2003, but probably had it for decades before. I'm 48 yrs old now.

I started with Avonex, then Rebif for five months, developed severe depression and anxiety. So switched to Copaxone in February 2005, doing ok but slowly getting worse in some ways. Luckily I have a desk job.

I currently take Baclofen, Trazodone and Zoloft for the MS. Also, blood pressure pills and estrogen, as well as allergy meds.

I'm going to try out for the Tovaxin phase IIb trial this month. If I don't get into it, I'll probably double dose Copaxone, my neuro gave me that option.

He also offered me Tysabri and some other trials, but I chose to try out for the Tovaxin study. Wish me luck!
Take care, Ewizabeth Previously Avonex, Rebif & Copaxone RRMS ~Tysabri, 31 infusions, ended 9/09. Starting Copaxone 12/09, waiting for Cladribine to be approved in 2010.

Return to “Introductions”