Intro...

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Intro...

Postby 12321 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi,

My name is 12321, I'm 28, and I have MS. I was diagnosed a few weeks ago after my "first" attack. Subsequent testing revealed 7+ brain lesions (largest at over 8cm,) 10 oligoclonal bands, a large lesion in the neck, and loss of left visual field in both eyes (optic nerve is perfect.)

Since then, my life has become slightly darker. The hurdles are looking rather large; debt lawsuits, job issues, insurance disputes/denials, custody battles and more, seem so much more difficult when having trouble seeing and thinking clearly and I'm no longer able to drive.
12321
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 4:32 pm

Advertisement

Re: Intro...

Postby FLJhawk » Tue May 15, 2012 7:20 pm

So sorry about all of this. Seems like everything is piling up on you. Try to find a local MS chapter you can join for support and help. I hope the relapse eases quickly so you can get your eys sight back and begin to drive again.

But, welcome to this site.
FLJhawk
Family Elder
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Re: Intro...

Postby want2bike » Fri May 18, 2012 8:02 am

Be sure and check out the diet section on this site.
want2bike
Family Elder
 
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Intro...

Postby Julie410 » Mon May 21, 2012 6:35 pm

Hello I am new to this site. I have recently been told by 3 docs that I could have MS. I am 100% sure I do. Although I am shocked it could happen to me (as I am sure everyone thinks this way at beginning) I am just so glad they seem to finally know what is happening. I have done an MRI and now have to go for spinal tap which spinal tap has been my worst fear ever. I don't know why but I am more afraid of the spinal tap then the disease itself. Last year my symptoms were bad tingling hands fingers numbness, weakness all over,heart palpatations, blurred vision, very tired, nausea and just not feeling like myself and just no longer use to the heat. Being outside, taking a hot shower just makes me want to pass out. Most symptoms went away for about 5 months and now they are back in full force. They came back couple months ago. I have lost vision in my left eye 5 6 7 times lost track. Continued blurred vision, and last week double vision for the first time. My right leg and feet wont stop tingling. My neck hurt last year but this year really hurts. The MRI showed optic nerve damage I guess that is consistant with MS. Also my spine MRI shows Spine Arthritis. My Dr. called me with results to save me money for visit (no insurance which is killing me financially). He says my case is a very interesting one whatever that means. He wants to put me on some kind of meds thru IV for couple days. He transferred my case to a neurologist that specializes in MS which they both said today how urgent it was for me to get in and see him but... no call from the new Dr. Guess when you don't have insurance no one is there knocking down your door to help???? Don't know how I am going to continue paying these medical bills! I have already used my bill money with no more money coming in so... very stressed. I just want a final 100% dx and get some kind of help on how to manage this pain in my neck and back and get the tingling to stop in my leg and feet. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE MS TO YOU? It could be brain tumor too right?
Julie410
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Re: Intro...

Postby want2bike » Tue May 22, 2012 5:22 am

When you check out symptoms which mimic MS you find lyme disease and mercury poisoning. If you have a mouth full of amalgam(mercury) fillings that could be a problem. Sounds like you can't afford the drugs they are going to put you on. The drugs are just going to make you sick. Diet is the key to all healing. The food we put in our bodies allow healing if we choose the right food. Many have gotten well when they choose the right diet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trWTCEIP ... re=related

http://www.franksherwood.com/tnms.htm
want2bike
Family Elder
 
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Intro...

Postby 1eye » Tue May 22, 2012 6:44 am

Julie410 wrote:Hello I am new to this site. I have recently been told by 3 docs that I could have MS. I am 100% sure I do. Although I am shocked it could happen to me (as I am sure everyone thinks this way at beginning) I am just so glad they seem to finally know what is happening. I have done an MRI and now have to go for spinal tap which spinal tap has been my worst fear ever. I don't know why but I am more afraid of the spinal tap then the disease itself. Last year my symptoms were bad tingling hands fingers numbness, weakness all over,heart palpatations, blurred vision, very tired, nausea and just not feeling like myself and just no longer use to the heat. Being outside, taking a hot shower just makes me want to pass out. Most symptoms went away for about 5 months and now they are back in full force. They came back couple months ago. I have lost vision in my left eye 5 6 7 times lost track. Continued blurred vision, and last week double vision for the first time. My right leg and feet wont stop tingling. My neck hurt last year but this year really hurts. The MRI showed optic nerve damage I guess that is consistant with MS. Also my spine MRI shows Spine Arthritis. My Dr. called me with results to save me money for visit (no insurance which is killing me financially). He says my case is a very interesting one whatever that means. He wants to put me on some kind of meds thru IV for couple days. He transferred my case to a neurologist that specializes in MS which they both said today how urgent it was for me to get in and see him but... no call from the new Dr. Guess when you don't have insurance no one is there knocking down your door to help???? Don't know how I am going to continue paying these medical bills! I have already used my bill money with no more money coming in so... very stressed. I just want a final 100% dx and get some kind of help on how to manage this pain in my neck and back and get the tingling to stop in my leg and feet. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE MS TO YOU? It could be brain tumor too right?
Once diagnosed, you will lose insurability altogether, so get some now if you can.
"Try - Just A Little Bit Harder" - Janis Joplin
CCSVI procedure Albany Aug 2010
'MS' is over - if you want it
Patients sans/without patience
User avatar
1eye
Family Elder
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: Kanata, Ontario, Canada

Re: Intro...

Postby jimmylegs » Tue May 22, 2012 1:26 pm

@julie if you want to try managing without expensive drugs, there are a couple of affordable supplements you could try. see if you can scrounge up enough $$ to get some magnesium GLYCINATE, pills that deliver 100mg elemental magnesium or close to that, and start taking one with each meal. also for your eyes see if you can find a pill with 50 mg zinc, balanced with some copper (usually 2mg).
once you can afford it, a couple blood tests could be useful. i could help you interpret the results.
if the nutrition approach interests you let me know.
welcome to the forum :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:00 pm

Re: Intro...

Postby FLJhawk » Tue May 22, 2012 8:04 pm

want2bike wrote:When you check out symptoms which mimic MS you find lyme disease and mercury poisoning. If you have a mouth full of amalgam(mercury) fillings that could be a problem.


Just had the last of my amalgam fillings removed yesterday. Don't know if it will help any, but even bounded up mercury can't be good for you. Anyone know of a natural way to help clear out any mercury that I may have ingested as part of the filling removal? (Dentist seemed careful, but there is always a chance I ended swallowing or breathing in a bit of the amalgam dust.)
FLJhawk
Family Elder
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Re: Intro...

Postby NHE » Tue May 22, 2012 10:27 pm

FLJhawk wrote:Just had the last of my amalgam fillings removed yesterday. Don't know if it will help any, but even bounded up mercury can't be good for you. Anyone know of a natural way to help clear out any mercury that I may have ingested as part of the filling removal? (Dentist seemed careful, but there is always a chance I ended swallowing or breathing in a bit of the amalgam dust.)


You could get your levels tested by a company such as Doctor's Data. Some naturopaths recommend a post challenge analysis, i.e., getting tested after taking a chelation agent. If you do this, the data will be plotted against reference values for the general population without a chelation agent and will be artificially high. Any interpretation of your results by Doctor's Data will be meaningless. I think that less than scrupulous naturapaths do this as a scare tactic. Anyways, if your prechallenge levels are high, then you could look into a detox/chelation therapy using meso-2,3-dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA). However, Frumkin, et al. report that mercury is excreted from the body with a half-life of 1 to 2 months (the full paper is available for free). Still, if you've got a whole bunch in you, then it's probably best to get rid of it. A larger problem is lead. It accumulates and doesn't leave. It get's into your bones. There are techniques such as x-ray fluoresence which can measure bone lead. However, getting rid of lead is tricky business and is best done with the guidance of a knowledgeable doctor. If done incorrectly, chelation therapy can make one very sick.

Here are a series of papers that used DMSA in austistic children. They will give you some idea of what the process involves. All three papers are available for free.




NHE
User avatar
NHE
Volunteer Moderator
 
Posts: 3300
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:00 pm

Re: Intro...

Postby want2bike » Wed May 23, 2012 8:17 am

I had my dental work done by a mercury free dentist. I followed a detoxification program by Dr. Tom Mcquire. Having the mercury removed is part of it but you still have the mercury accumulated in your body. Tom McQuire gives you a list of vitamins and supplements you can take to remove the mercury from your body.

http://www.dentalwellness4u.com/browse/guide.html
want2bike
Family Elder
 
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Intro...

Postby jimmylegs » Wed May 23, 2012 5:27 pm

Mercury exposure, nutritional deficiencies and metabolic disruptions may affect learning in children.
ABSTRACT: Among dietary factors, learning and behavior are influenced not only by nutrients, but also by exposure to toxic food contaminants such as mercury that can disrupt metabolic processes and alter neuronal plasticity. Neurons lacking in plasticity are a factor in neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism and mental retardation. Essential nutrients help maintain normal neuronal plasticity. Nutritional deficiencies, including deficiencies in the long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid, the amino acid methionine, and the trace minerals zinc and selenium, have been shown to influence neuronal function and produce defects in neuronal plasticity, as well as impact behavior in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Nutritional deficiencies and mercury exposure have been shown to alter neuronal function and increase oxidative stress among children with autism. These dietary factors may be directly related to the development of behavior disorders and learning disabilities. Mercury, either individually or in concert with other factors, may be harmful if ingested in above average amounts or by sensitive individuals. High fructose corn syrup has been shown to contain trace amounts of mercury as a result of some manufacturing processes, and its consumption can also lead to zinc loss. Consumption of certain artificial food color additives has also been shown to lead to zinc deficiency. Dietary zinc is essential for maintaining the metabolic processes required for mercury elimination. Since high fructose corn syrup and artificial food color additives are common ingredients in many foodstuffs, their consumption should be considered in those individuals with nutritional deficits such as zinc deficiency or who are allergic or sensitive to the effects of mercury or unable to effectively metabolize and eliminate it from the body.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:00 pm

Re: Intro...

Postby FLJhawk » Wed May 23, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks, guys, for the information. I do take Zn supplements, and it sounds like my body will purge most of any Hg I may have such that I won't need to anything special.
FLJhawk
Family Elder
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Re: Intro...

Postby jimmylegs » Thu May 24, 2012 4:40 pm

how much zinc daily, f? also, is it balanced with a little copper?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:00 pm

Re: Intro...

Postby FLJhawk » Fri May 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Jimmy,
Zn 30 mg bid (50 mg total/day)
Cu .9 mg qd

Thanks.
FLJhawk
Family Elder
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:35 pm


Return to Introductions

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Contact us | Terms of Service