Hi!

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
LifeAfterMS

Hi!

Post by LifeAfterMS »

My name is Brittany and I am 25 years old. My mother and I both have MS. My mom has very mild R&R while I seem to go to the hospital every month. I am still in the early stages of figuring out the extent of my damage with my new doctor but I am trying to keep smiling everyday. I currently reside in Lake County, Illinois and have a long road to go in getting this under control. I am hoping that a few people ( near or far ) can help me thru these times. There is nothing like the comfort of knowing someone else understands your situation!!
DougL
Family Elder

Re: Hi!

Post by DougL »

Welcome. this is a great place for comfort and information.
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

daverestonvirginia
Family Elder

Post by daverestonvirginia »

Brittany welcome, I also have family members with MS. My sister who is a year younger than me and an Uncle who passed away not that long ago. Although, I rather not have MS running in our family at least we can lean on each other and have someone to talk to who really understands. My sister and I have such a different outlook on MS than my Uncle experienced. He was dx way before any drugs came out and before a lot of the things we take for granted were understood. Take for example he smoked almost until the day he died. He never checked his vitamin d or changed his diet in any way. My sister has been on Copaxone for I believe over 11 years and six for me. Good luck, Dave
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Hi Brittany,
A welcome from me too!
My aunt had MS and she lived until she was 57, she had no meds either to help her and too much stress which I think can really make things worse (plus her diet was appalling)
I hope that good diet/supplements MS meds and less stress will keep my MS to a minimum (thats the hope anyway)

Sorry to hear both you and your mum have MS:(

Return to “Introductions”