New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
TessT

Post by TessT »

Hi there, y'all! :D I'm in Texas and have had RRMS since 1996 and just started Betaseron after having been on Avonex for 6 years and Rebif for 1 year. It's a true experience changing and changing and feeling cruddy.
I work full time and try to keep up the pace with everyone else.

I seem to always have questions and doubts and many days when I want to scream and just be left alone.....I try to smile and not let anyone else know what I'm feeling - especially my hubby and son. Life is difficult.

Thanks for the time....
crispy
Family Member

Post by crispy »

Welcome TessT, :D

Things seem a little quiet around here at the moment, but I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses in the end.

I'm a PPMS guy so I can't share experiences of any drugs, but I'm trying to get into LDN again. There's plenty of information and support here so I hope you'll be a regular.

All the best,
Chris P
seelie
Family Member

Post by seelie »

Hi Tess, :)

Welcome -- I'm a newbie here too but a crusty ole Avonex user who remembers the 'micropin'... these kids know nothing about it :o

I'm in NC... seems like we're on a similar journey.... I've been taking Avonex forever... but am getting ready to try something else.... Sounds like the next doc I'm going to see is a Betaseron man so that's prolly what I'll end up doing as well.

I'd be interested to know.... after stopping Avonex, and now after some time off going 'back' to Betaseron....Is it like starting interferon all over again? Chills and all that nonsense?

Did Avonex quit working for you? Did you have a particularly bad one?
Should I just skip Copaxone and go on to Betaseron?

=Me

Return to “Introductions”